Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Buff tooltip||Emitting light|
The Shine Potion is a Buff Potion which grants the Shine buff when consumed. The buff makes the player glow brightly for 5 minutes, which is useful for exploring caves or exploring underwater. This lasts for 5 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by reloading the game (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It loses some of its usefulness when you obtain the Shadow Orb or a Mining Helmet, as the materials needed to make the potion could be used for more useful potions. However, unlike the Shadow Orb, the light source comes from the player, which will not fall behind, and unlike the Mining Helmet, you can wear a helmet with more defense. The light source emitted is also much brighter and the range further than the other two, making it slightly more useful.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Duration reduced from 10 to 5 minutes.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.