|Buff tooltip||Emitting light|
|Duration||10 minutes / |
The Shine Potion is a buff potion which grants the Shine buff when consumed. The buff makes the player glow brightly, which is useful for exploring caves or exploring underwater. This lasts for 10 minutes () / 5 minutes ( ), but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It loses some of its usefulness when the Shadow Orb, Crimson Heart, or a Mining Helmet is obtained, as the materials needed to make the potion could be used for more useful potions. However, unlike the Shadow Orb and Crimson Heart, the light source comes from the player, which will not fall behind, and unlike the Mining Helmet, a helmet with more defense can be worn. The light source emitted is also much brighter and the range further than the other three, making it slightly more useful.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Duration increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes again.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Duration reduced from 10 to 5 minutes.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.