Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
- Internal Item ID: 3337
The Shiny Stone is an Expert mode accessory that increases the rate of health regeneration slowly over time when the player is not moving or using any tools or weapons. The Shiny Stone is found in the Treasure Bag dropped by the Golem in Expert mode.
The health regeneration slowly increases from roughly 10 health gained per second to roughly 40 health gained per second (for players with enough health capacity to recover for that long). A yellow particle effect over the player signifies that the boost is engaged, which also emits a good deal of light from the player onto the surrounding area.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Taking damage, using most items, moving or Bleeding will all reset the health regeneration's acceleration. Using a Fishing Pole or Health Potions will not.
- If player is moving in a very low speed, it can still take effect.
- If player is using items while not moving, it will still give a 2 HP/s healing rate as well as reduce the effect of Feral Bite.
- Health regeneration is still possible if the player is sitting still while riding a mount or minecart, or while grappled.
- If you have any damage-dealing debuff other than Poisoned (such as On Fire!), the Shiny Stone will reduce or stop the damage gained from the debuff instead of healing you.
- If player has a positive healing rate, it will give an additional 0.5 HP/s healing effect.
- See Health Regeneration page for more details about its mechanism.
- Rod of Discord does not count as a movement but will reset the timer if the player is damaged by it.
- The stone will slightly amplify the effects of other healing items or buffs, even when the player is in motion and/or using items.
- It takes 34.3 seconds of not moving or being damaged to reach the Stone's top healing speed. Of course, even with the Lifeforce buff any player is likely to be completely healed by then.
- Surprisingly, the stone synergizes well with Crimson armor, the latter increasing the Stone's regeneration effect by 50% and speeding its buildup by 20%. As long as you expect to avoid combat, the armor's poor stats shouldn't matter anyway.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()