|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Attracts a legendary creature which flourishes in water & combat|
|Grants buff||Cute Fishron Mount|
|Buff tooltip||Just don't make it crawl.|
|Internal Item ID: 3367|
|Internal Buff ID: 168|
|Internal Mount ID: 12|
Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
- Not to be confused with the Scaly Truffle.
The Shrimpy Truffle is a Mount-summon item that spawns a miniature rideable Duke Fishron-style mount. The mount (called "Cute Fishron") can fly and hover indefinitely. It is obtained from Duke Fishron's Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
It has a flight speed of 33 mph, however moving through liquids causes Cute Fishron to gain a dramatic movement speed bonus (82 mph), as well as providing the player with a 15% damage bonus. These boosts continue for 6 seconds after it leaves water, though its speed boost drops to 66 mph during this time. These same movement and damage boosts also take effect when the rider's health falls below half (also moving at 66 mph).
During contact with land (any blocks), this mount's movement speed is drastically lowered to a very slow crawl (5 mph). It therefore does not do well in confined spaces.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the water color in the area is changed via a Water Fountain, Cute Fishron's eyes will become that color.
- During a Blood Moon, Cute Fishron's eyes will glow blood-red everywhere, regardless of the biome.
- Each of these biomes gives Cute Fishron a different eye color:
|Blood Moon:||Vibrant Red|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using a Water Bucket to pour water over yourself while on this mount in midair will trigger its boost. The more immersed you can keep Cute Fishron, the higher the boost, up to a possible 82 mph. The water must be used on the player's own body; pouring it over the head or tail of the mount will not work. This can potentially make Cute Fishron the fastest mount on air if using this method repeatedly with the Bottomless Water Bucket. The buff can also be triggered via Bubbles filled with liquid, as well as the Water Gun's Wet debuff (though this requires another player firing at you).
- You can use Rod of discord to lower your health below 50% and gain the boost.
- You can create an arena underwater and use a Neptune's Shell to fight bosses with the boost in continuous operation, without dying by drowning.
- The bonus movement speed and damage are also given from lava and honey as well as water.
- Using bubbles from party girl to create a small water pocket is useful for bosses.
- This mount works well with the Frozen Turtle Shell, as it allows the player to stay at or below 50% life for the damage and speed boost much more safely.
- Although the Cosmic Car Key's UFO Mount is slightly faster (41 mph vs. 33 mph), the UFO Mount cannot be used in liquids.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Fixed Shrimpy Truffle's mount not allowing the player's head to touch the ceiling.
- 22.214.171.124: Cute Fishron now properly displays its tooltip.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.