Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Attracts a legendary creature which flourishes in water & combat|
|Buff tooltip||Just don't make it crawl.|
- Not to be confused with Scaly Truffle.
The Shrimpy Truffle is a Mount-summon item that spawns Cute Fishron, a miniature rideable Duke Fishron-style mount. The mount can fly and hover indefinitely. It is obtained from Duke Fishron's Treasure Bag in Expert mode.
It has a base flight speed of 33 mph, but moving through liquids causes Cute Fishron to gain a dramatic movement speed bonus (to 82 mph), as well as providing the player with a 15% damage bonus. These boosts continue for 6 seconds after it leaves water, though its speed boost drops to 66 mph during this time. The same movement and damage boosts also take effect when the rider's health falls below half (also moving at 66 mph).
During contact with land (any blocks), this mount's movement speed is drastically lowered to a very slow crawl (5 mph, 10 if boosted). It therefore does not do well in confined spaces.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While hovering without moving, the mount does not actually remain completely stationary, but will in fact automatically ascend extremely slowly, roughly a single pixel upwards every twenty seconds. The UFO Mount also exhibits this behavior.
- Lava and Honey trigger the boost as well as Water.
- If the water color in the area is changed via a Water Fountain, Cute Fishron's eyes will become that color.
- During a Blood Moon, Cute Fishron's eyes will glow blood-red everywhere, regardless of the biome.
- Each of these biomes gives Cute Fishron a different eye color:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Cute Fishron's boost can be triggered in very different ways:
- Use a Water Bucket (or a Bottomless Water Bucket) to pour water over yourself while on this mount in midair. The more immersed you can keep Cute Fishron, the higher the boost, up to the maximum 82 mph. The water must be used on the player's own body; pouring it over the head or tail of the mount will not work. Note that this will create pools of water on the land of your world.
- Place Bubbles filled with liquid in the world.
- Have another player use the Water Gun on you, inflicting the Wet debuff.
- Repeatedly use a Rod of Discord to keep your health below 50%.
- You can create an arena underwater and use a Neptune's Shell to fight bosses with the boost in continuous operation, without dying by drowning.
- This mount works well with the Frozen Turtle Shell, as it allows the player to stay at or below 50% life for the damage and speed boost much more safely.
- Although the UFO Mount is slightly faster (41 mph vs. 33 mph), the UFO Mount cannot be used in liquids.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed Shrimpy Truffle's mount not allowing the player's head to touch the ceiling.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Cute Fishron now properly displays its tooltip.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.