|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Attracts a legendary creature which flourishes in water & combat|
|Buff||Cute Fishron Mount|
|Buff tooltip||Just don't make it crawl.|
The Shrimpy Truffle is a mount-summon item that spawns Cute Fishron, a miniature rideable Duke Fishron-style mount. The mount can fly and hover indefinitely. It is obtained from Duke Fishron's Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
Cute Fishron has a base flight speed of 40 / 33 mph.
Moving through liquids causes Cute Fishron to gain a drastic movement speed bonus of about +105% (to 82 mph, the fastest of any mount), as well as providing the rider with a +15% damage bonus. These boosts continue for 6 seconds after it leaves liquid, though during this time its speed boost drops to +100% (to 80 / 66 mph).
During contact with any blocks, Cute Fishron's movement speed is drastically lowered to a very slow crawl (5 mph, or 10 if boosted). This speed penalty is removed as soon as it loses contact with the blocks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any liquid triggers the boost, including lava and honey.
- While Cute Fishron is boosted, its eyes display a glowing effect that fades as the boost expires. The color of the glow matches the water color in the present biome. If the water color in the area is changed via a Water Fountain, Cute Fishron's eyes will become that color. During a Blood Moon, Cute Fishron's eyes glow red everywhere, regardless of the biome.
- Cute Fishron has a comparatively slow turning speed compared to other mounts when its speed bonus isn't activated.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In addition to the standard intended methods, Cute Fishron's boost can be triggered in other creative ways:
- Use a Water Bucket (or a Bottomless Water Bucket) to pour water over the character while on this mount in midair. The more immersed Cute Fishron is kept, the higher the boost, up to the maximum 80 mph. The water must be used on the player's own body; pouring it over the head or tail of the mount will not work. Note that the water will settle on the surface, creating many small pools.
- Place Bubbles filled with liquid in the world. Ideally, place honey in these bubbles, as flying through honey with a Cute Fishron mount not only increases the player's speed and damage, but also health regeneration.
- Have another player use the Water Gun on the character, inflicting the Wet debuff.
- Repeatedly use a Rod of Discord to keep the character's health below 50%.
- Waiting for rain to start falling before fighting difficult Bosses or Events.
- Due to its outstanding mobility and combat increases while boosted, the mount is highly effective for boss fights. An underwater arena with a Neptune's Shell is a solid setup for many fights.
- While it has the ability of infinite flight, Cute Fishron has sluggish mobility as an aerial mount, as it takes a long time to turn when its speed bonus isn't active. If air mobility is preferred (such as during a boss fight), it is recommended to use Wings or the UFO Mount instead (or in Expert Mode and Master Mode, the Witch's Broom and The Black Spot respectively). (Outdated as of 1.4.1, The Black Spot is now worse than Cute Fishron due to a speed nerf.)
- Although the UFO Mount is slightly faster (41 mph vs. 40 / 33 mph), it cannot be used in liquids, whereas Cute Fishron has an advantage in them.
- Because of the speed penalty for touching blocks, Cute Fishron is not suited for confined spaces.
- Its speed while touching blocks is well suited for placing a line of blocks in front of the player.
- On the Desktop version and Mobile version, this mount works well with the Frozen Turtle Shell, as it allows the player to stay at or below 50% life for the damage and speed boost much more safely.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tooltip of the Cute Fishron Mount buff, "Just don't make it crawl.", refers to the extreme decrease of mobility on land.
- When activated while standing on platforms, Cute Fishron will crawl on them, however it cannot "land" on them and start crawling, as it will phase through them like any infinite flight mount.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Shrimpy Truffle now gives its increased speed and damage bonus when in the rain.
- Maximum speed increased to 82 mph.
- Minimum speed increased to 40 mph.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed Shrimpy Truffle's mount not allowing the player's head to touch the ceiling.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added buff name and tooltip.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.