Shroomite Digging Claw
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 2176
The Shroomite Digging Claw is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Pickaxe and Axe. It is capable of mining every Block except Lihzahrd Bricks. It is the fastest pickaxe by mining speed and deals very high damage, though it has a one-tile penalty to range.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the Claw's reduced range, one might bring a second Pickaxe with higher range, as to have an alternative to the Claw. A Luminite Pickaxe may pair well, as its mining range is even higher than average.
- Although it is a tool, it is a relatively viable melee weapon due to its very fast speed and high damage. The only shortcomings are its low range and knockback.
- If combined with the Mining armor's 30% set mining bonus, and 25% mining potion buff, you can dig as fast as you fall. However, if you dig into anything that requires two or more hits to break, such as Hardmode ores, you will hit the ground and take fall damage. This can be prevented with items that negate fall damage, such as the Lucky Horseshoe or Wings.
- While the post-Moon Lord DCU may be slower when digging downwards and its speed cannot be buffed, it has infinite flight time and can harvest blocks en masse. It is not impractical to bring both, as DCU has no combat capabilities.
- It has a low sell price compared to other tools of the same tier, making it relatively cheap to get a Light or Legendary modifier by reforging.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.