Shroomite Digging Claw
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 2176
It is the fastest pickaxe and the fastest axe in the game. It deals 15 pickaxe hits per second without any modifiers, and 20 with the best modifier. It can mine almost every block in the game in one hit. Mythril Ore, Orichalcum Ore, Adamantite Ore, Titanium Ore, Wooden Spike take two hits, and Chlorophyte Ore takes 3. It chops any tree in 0.27 seconds without any modifiers, and 0.2 seconds with the best modifier. See also Mining Speed for a comparison of all mining tools in the game.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the Claw's reduced range, one might bring a second pickaxe with higher range, as to have an alternative to the Claw.
- Although it is a tool, it is a relatively viable melee weapon due to its very fast speed and high damage. The only shortcomings are its low range and knockback.
- If combined with the Mining armor's 30% set mining bonus, the 25% buff of the Mining Potion, and the 25% buff from the Ancient Chisel the player can dig as fast as they fall. However, digging into anything that requires two or more hits to break, such as Hardmode ores, will cause the player to hit the ground and take fall damage. This can be prevented with items that negate fall damage, such as the Lucky Horseshoe, its upgrades, or wings.
- It has a low sell price compared to other tools of the same tier, making it relatively cheap to get a Light or Legendary modifier by reforging.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.