Shroomite Armor is a Hardmode, post-Plantera armor set that boosts the effectiveness of ranged weapons. It is one of four armor sets available after defeating Plantera, the others being Spectre armor, Tiki armor, and Spooky armor. It is the second-strongest ranger armor available, only beaten by Vortex armor( ) or Titan armor( ).
With a full set equipped, standing still causes a player to enter stealth mode: Over the course of roughly 1.5 seconds, the player will gradually turn almost fully transparent, which also diminishes the chance that enemies will target the player. Additionally, during this time, weapon damage, critical strike chance, and knockback will each be boosted gradually up to a maximum of +60% damage and +10% critical chance at full stealth. These boosts increase both weapon and ammo damage. The buff begins fading quickly if the wearer starts moving.
Shroomite armor has three headpiece options, each providing an extra +15% damage boost that affects a different ranged weapon type:
A full set of Shroomite armor will provide the following stats:
- +51 defense.
- ×1.15% damage increase for Arrows, Bullets, or Rockets, depending on which headpiece is worn.
- +13% ranged damage for all ranged weapons not covered by the headpiece of choice.
- +25% ranged critical strike chance.
- +20% chance not to consume ammo.
- +12% movement speed.
- Ability to enter stealth mode.
Crafting Shroomite Armor requires Shroomite Bars (crafted from Chlorophyte Bars via the Autohammer, which is in turn purchased from the Truffle NPC). Crafting a full set with a single headpiece requires 54 Shroomite Bars (or 810 Glowing Mushrooms and 324 Chlorophyte Ore). A full set with all three headpieces requires 78 Shroomite Bars (1170 Glowing Mushrooms and 468 Chlorophyte Ore).
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet Variations[edit | edit source]
- The Shroomite Breastplate also provides an unlisted 13% ranged damage boost.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With a full set equipped, the player leaves an afterimage effect during motion, similar to the one displayed by Shadow armor and Hallowed armor, but with a blue tint.
- For the purposes of the specialized headpiece boost:
- Using the Rod of Discord will not cancel stealth mode.
- Stealth (and any associated bonus) will not work while mounted.
- Stealth is canceled if the player takes damage, even if they're resistant to knockback (making the bonus useless in combination with an invulnerability machine).
- On the Mobile version the stealth mode bonuses are only slightly decreased when the player wearing the armor is moving at high speeds while also wearing flame wings, which means that ranged weapons gain a massive boost to power at all times.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This armor set has good synergy with the Shiny Stone, as both require the player to stay still and not get attacked to maximize their effectiveness.
- This armor set also has good synergy with the Sniper Rifle, as stealth massively boosts the Sniper Rifle's main strengths - damage and crit chance - even further. With the right loadout, each rifle shot can deal over 1000 damage, killing most non-boss enemies in one hit.
- The set does not truly make you invisible, as the armor glows a deep blue. For PvP purposes, consider using Familiar clothes in conjunction with Shroomite armor, and with no visible accessories. With stealth active, this can render your character completely invisible to other players. Also see Invisibility Potion.
- Wearing a Shroomite Mask with Silver Dye can make the player's head resemble a cracked skull.
- Some Dye combinations make your character sprite appear very near invisible at Night. Provided below are several links to photos from testing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shroomite Armor is the only armor that has different headpieces with the same amount of defense.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2: Increased the damage bonus of stealthing in Shroomite Armor.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Flame and Frozen Wings now fade when stealthed.
- Some enemies will no longer chase players depending on level of stealth and distance.
- Shroomite Armor no longer loses stealth when using items.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Updated female sprite.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.