The Sign is a decorative Furniture item that can store a player-written message. A sign must be placed and then right-clicked to edit or display its message. A sign can be placed on top of blocks, beside them, or hanging from their underside. On the Desktop version and Console version, they can also be placed on Walls. A sign's message can be up to 10 lines long, at 48 characters max per line, for a total of 480 characters maximum per sign. Signs can be used for decoration, labeling areas, adventure text, etc.
On the Mobile version, it is currently impossible to write on signs.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bugs with the Sign / NPC chat display again.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where Sign bubbles would appear in the wrong place during reversed gravity. Fixed bug where info accessories displayed info when you looked at empty Signs but not when you looked at Signs with text. Fixed bug where the selected item was affected by pressing numbers while editing Signs.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Destroying a placed Sign while you are reading it will no longer cause your character to become frozen.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.