As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
70140210 (ranged attack)
|Banner||Skeleton Archer Banner|
The Skeleton Archer is a Hardmode enemy that sometimes spawns in the Underground and Cavern layers. They move fairly slow compared to other cave enemies. When the player is in their line of sight, they will stop moving and shoot Flaming Arrows at the player, which have a chance of inflicting the On Fire! debuff.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Several simple pit traps (7 blocks deep) can be very effective against such enemies as Skeleton Archers and Armored Skeletons.
- Skeleton Archers rarely shoot the first arrow accurately, slowly adjusting aim, so moving around makes it almost impossible for them to hit you, as does standing above.
- There is a small delay before the first arrow is shot, during which the Skeleton Archer is vulnerable to attack. If a player lands a hit it will interrupt its aiming, so a quick player can prevent it from firing a single shot.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It appears to wield a Wooden Bow, yet it drops a Marrow instead. It also appears to have no visible quiver, yet it can drop a Magic Quiver.
- Flaming Arrows shot by the Skeleton Archer are not extinguished by water.
- Unlike Armored Skeletons, Skeleton Archers cannot open doors.
- Arrows fired by the Skeleton Archer are not retrievable by the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Skeleton Archers appear to be wearing a green variation of the Ancient Cobalt Breastplate with spiked shoulder guards.
- The Bestiary entry for the Skeleton Archer: "Skeleton Archers have a keen eye, despite the general lack of eyes. Distance offers little protection from their blazing arrows."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Health, damage and defense decreased from 260, 55 and 28 to 210, 45 and 14 respectively. Now drops Magic Quiver and Marrow.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.