|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Skeleton Sniper Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 291
“These eagle-eyed sharpshooters let nothing escape their crosshairs. Part of an elite military unit in their past lives.
— The Bestiary
The Skeleton Sniper is an uncommon post-Plantera Hardmode Dungeon enemy that attacks from long range. A Skeleton Sniper approaches a targeted player slowly and, as soon as it has a clear line-of-sight to the player, pauses briefly before firing a single shot. This shot can be fired from offscreen, and deals enough damage to kill a player with maximum health in three hits (two in Expert mode).
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
The Skeleton Sniper spawns most often in areas of the Dungeon backed by Slab Walls, along with Rusty Armored Bones and Ragged Casters. Removing these naturally occurring back walls will prevent these enemies from spawning, but they cannot be replaced to spawn these enemies elsewhere. These areas can further be identified by the presence of Ragged Brotherhood Sigils and Rusted Company Standards, but these banners are purely indicative and do not influence spawning.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Sniper must pause again after being hit, so rapid-firing long-range weapons at it will prevent it from attacking.
- Weapons with good knockback are not advisable for this enemy, because knocking it back far enough will make it pause instantly when on solid ground and shoot the player with ease.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Skeleton Sniper appears to be using a different gun than the Sniper Rifle it drops.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Drop chance of items reduced.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.