|AI Type||Skeletron Prime Head AI|
|Damage||47 / 79|
94 / 158 (while spinning)
|Max Life||28000 / 42000|
48 (while spinning)
- Internal NPC ID: 127
Skeletron Prime is a Hardmode Mechanical Boss which is essentially a harder version of Skeletron. It is summoned with the Mechanical Skull at night. Players have until dawn to defeat it. Skeletron Prime can also randomly spawn at dusk in Hardmode if it has not yet been defeated, in this case signaling its approach via the status message, "You feel the air getting colder around you..." ( ) or "The air is getting colder around you..." ( ).
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Prime Cannon fires bombs that do not destroy blocks, usually up into the air rather than directly at the player. It usually stays above the player.
- Prime Laser shoots red Death Lasers similar to those of Retinazer and The Destroyer, and is always pointed at a player. It usually stays horizontal to the player.
- Skeletron Prime's Prime Saw and Prime Vice both act similarly to the The Twins when they are charging, but the Prime Laser acts similarly to Retinazer or the Wall of Flesh while shooting laser beams.
- Prime Saw usually remains under the player, then swipes upwards or downwards.
- Prime Vice will swipe around wildly, making occasional lunges at the player. It usually remains diagonal to the player.
Skeletron Prime will occasionally enter a "Rage Mode," in which its attacks become more aggressive:
- Skeletron Prime's Head will grow spikes and start spinning towards the player slowly. Damage and defense is doubled.
- Prime Cannon will aim at the player directly and fire rapidly.
- Prime Laser will fire more frequently.
- Prime Saw will begin homing directly towards the player's location.
- Prime Vice becomes more aggressive and frequently lunges towards the player.
Prime itself is much more mobile than its predecessor, and will regularly move off-screen, which can make it difficult to hit reliably with ranged weapons.
Like Skeletron, if it is not beaten by dawn it begins to continually headspin like a Dungeon Guardian, dealing enough damage to kill most players in a single hit and gaining 9999 defense. During this time, it travels at a speed of 65 mph. But unlike Skeletron, Skeletron Prime will drop nothing if it dies in the daylight.Verify
Arms[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The bombs fired by the Prime Cannon will only detonate if they hit solid Blocks. They will pass through Platforms without detonating.
- If the player is underground, Skeletron Prime will not spawn randomly.
- Unlike Skeletron, Skeletron Prime's defense doubles when its head is spinning.
- Skeletron Prime's head is immune to the Cursed Inferno, Penetrated, Celled, and Daybroken debuffs. Its arms, however, are not.
- The head of Skeletron Prime is immune to most damage-inflicting debuffs. However, it is susceptible to Frostburn and Ichor, giving players with a world with The Crimson at an advantage over worlds with The Corruption for this boss fight.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Standing on platforms far from blocks can mostly nullify the effects of the Prime Cannon, as its projectiles only detonate on blocks, while passing through platforms harmlessly.
- Unhindered movement is crucial when Skeletron Prime's head starts spinning, as it deals double the regular damage. Wings greatly aid in moving vertically, and flattened terrain or a Sky Bridge are convenient for horizontal movement.
- Although it is a little more time-consuming, focus on the arms first. Once Skeletron Prime's head is no longer shielded by anything, the fight gets a lot easier.
- Using Ichor weapons can be effective because of his high defense, however, it's best to switch to the Ichor Weapon then switch back again quickly, as they don't deal that much damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Skeletron Prime will open and shut its mouth for the entire battle. This is a purely cosmetic effect.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- For changes that affect all the mechanical bosses, see Mechanical Bosses#History.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Increased health, damage and defense of most parts.
- Now drops Skeletron Prime Mask.
- Fixed bug where the player could defeat Skeletron Prime by destroying the Prime Cannon hand and not Skeletron Prime itself.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added Expert mode drop, Mechanical Battery Piece. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added Expert mode drop, Mechanical Battery Piece. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.