Sky Dragon's Fury
|Damage||140 / 70 (Melee)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Right click while holding for an alternate attack!|
- Sky Dragon's Fury
- Sky Dragon's Fury (alt)
- Sky Dragon's Fury (alt shot)
The Sky Dragon's Fury is a Hardmode Melee weapon dropped by Betsy during the Old One's Army event. When left clicking, it spins in a 360-degree radius around the player, leaving behind an energy trail. Any enemy that comes into contact with the staff as it spins will take damage and get knocked back. However, when right-clicking, it begins to swing around in front of the player subtly, randomly shooting 3 projectiles which, after traveling a certain distance or coming into contact with any solid block or enemy, burst into damaging rings of electricity.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The origin of the right-click projectiles is quite far from the player. This allows firing through 2 to 3 blocks wide walls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's secondary attack is comparable to the attack of the Electrosphere Launcher. While the Sky Dragon's Fury fires more rings of electricity and does not use ammunition, the Electrosphere Launcher does more damage and lasts longer.
- This weapon and the Tome of Infinite Wisdom, another drop acquired during the Old One's Army, and Sergeant United Shield are the only weapons in Terraria to have both a left click attack and right click attack.
- The projectiles created by this weapon's secondary attack share the appearance of those from the uncharged attack of the Charged Blaster Cannon.
- Both the primary spinning attack and the secondary can autoswing by default.
- As with the rest of the Old One's Army weapons, the Sky Dragon's Fury is a direct reference to the weapon in Dungeon Defenders of the same name, due to the entire event being a crossover event.
- The Secondary Attack from this weapon seems to be affected by ranged modifiers. (eg. being in stealth from Shroomite Armour heavily influences the crit chance of the projectiles)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage doubled from 70 to 140
- Projectile damage decreased from 75% of base damage to 50% of base damage.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now auto-uses its right-click functionality.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 126.96.36.199.