|Use time||12 Very Fast|
- Sky Fracture
The Sky Fracture is an early Hardmode magic weapon. When used, three energy swords will be summoned in quick succession from behind the player, aiming at the cursor's location. Each projectile can hit one enemy or block before it disappears.
Unlike the Magic Missile from which it is crafted, the energy blades cannot be controlled. The Sky Fracture has a base 24% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4% of weapons.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles do not appear to be fired directly from the weapon but are summoned from random points near the player.
- Each sword projectile can take on one of 14 different appearances.
- Despite looking like a sword, the Sky Fracture is a magic weapon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The closer the cursor is to the player when the Sky Fracture is used, the more the energy swords will spread out.
- While its base damage is rather low, this is alleviated by its three-round attack and exceptional critical strike chance, making it a very powerful early-hardmode weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is tied with the Obsidian Swordfish for the second-highest critical strike chance (24%), being beaten only by the Sniper Rifle (29%).
- The unused internal name of this item is "magic glove", which suggests this item once took the appearance of a glove.
- This is one of a small "set" of weapons made with two Shards apiece, the other members being the Onyx Blaster and the Dao of Pow. Their recipes, names and appearances link the weapons to themes of Darkness, Light, and Balance, with the Sky Fracture representing Light. The set also includes one weapon for each of the three "classic" damage types (melee, magic, and ranged), where the Sky Fracture is the magic weapon.
- This weapon seems to have a sort of visual resemblance to the Normal Knife used in the game Touhou Luna Nights, as it fires the same amount of similar looking projectiles to the Normal Knife. More proof of this is shown in the fact that Touhou Luna Nights has a "theme" of Darkness, Light, and Balance.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.