|Use time||12 Very Fast|
- Sky Fracture
The Sky Fracture is an early Hardmode magic weapon. When used, three energy swords will be summoned in quick succession from behind the player, aiming at the cursor's location. Each projectile can hit one enemy or block before it disappears. Unlike the Magic Missile from which it is crafted, the energy blades cannot be controlled. The Sky Fracture has a base 24% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4% of weapons.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles do not appear to be fired directly from the weapon but are summoned from random points near the player.
- Each sword projectile can take on one of 14 different appearances.
- This weapon is not currently available on the Nintendo Switch version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The closer the mouse cursor is to the player when the Sky Fracture is used, the more the energy swords will spread out. Therefore, when aiming at distant targets one should try to position the cursor as close to the target as possible.
- While its base damage is rather low, this is alleviated by its three-round attack and exceptional critical strike chance, making it a very powerful early-Hardmode weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite looking like a sword, the Sky Fracture is a magic weapon.
- This weapon is tied with the Obsidian Swordfish for the second-highest critical strike chance (24%), being beaten only by the Sniper Rifle (29%).
- The unused internal name of this item is "magic glove", which suggests this item once took the appearance of a glove.
- This is one of a small "set" of weapons made with two shards apiece, the other members being the Onyx Blaster and the Dao of Pow. Their recipes, names and appearances link the weapons to themes of Darkness, Light, and Balance, with the Sky Fracture representing Light. The set also includes one weapon for each of the three "classic" damage types (melee, magic, and ranged), where the Sky Fracture is the magic weapon.
- On Console Edition, the magic missile might not have material in its tool tip, and wont go into the Guides crafting slot, therefore it might not be noticed that the magic missile can turn into the Sky Fracture.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.