|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
- Sky Fracture
The Sky Fracture is an early Hardmode magic weapon. When used, three energy swords will be summoned in quick succession from behind the player, aiming at the cursor's location. Each projectile can hit one enemy or block before it disappears. Unlike the Magic Missile from which it is crafted, the energy blades cannot be controlled. The Sky Fracture has a base 24% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4% of weapons.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles do not appear to be fired directly from the weapon but are summoned from random points near the player.
- Each sword projectile can take on one of 14 different appearances.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When using the Sky Fracture, the projectiles will converge on where the player's mouse cursor is. Because of this, the closer the player's cursor is to them, the more the projectiles will spread. Therefore, when aiming at distant targets one should try to position the cursor as close to the target as possible.
- While its base damage is rather low, this is alleviated by its three-round attack and exceptional critical strike chance, making it a very powerful early-Hardmode weapon.
- Since the critical strike chance of a projectile is not based on the weapon that fired it, but rather the one the player is currently holding, this weapon pairs exceptionally well with the Nimbus Rod and Clinger Staff, as their static projectiles will inherit its 24% critical strike chance after being summoned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite looking like a sword, the Sky Fracture is a magic weapon.
- This weapon is tied with the Obsidian Swordfish for the second-highest critical strike chance (24), being beaten only by the Sniper Rifle (29).
- The unused internal name of this item is "magic glove", which suggests this item once took the appearance of a glove.
- This is one of a small "set" of weapons made with two shards apiece, the other members being the Onyx Blaster and the Dao of Pow. Their recipes, names and appearances link the weapons to themes of Darkness, Light, and Balance, with the Sky Fracture representing Light. The set also includes one weapon for each of the three "classic" damage types (melee, magic, and ranged), where the Sky Fracture is the magic weapon.
- This weapon's attack animation strongly resembles the Gate of Babylon from the Fate media franchise published by TYPE-MOON.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Mana cost increased from 14 to 17.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]