|Use time||21 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3258
The Slap Hand is a Hardmode melee weapon that is notable for having extremely high knockback – a rating of 20, the highest value among all player-caused sources of knockback and almost twice the Golem Fist, the item with the second highest value. Aside from this, it functions as a normal broadsword, swung over the player.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While not an especially potent weapon, the Slap Hand's extremely high knockback makes it a good choice for keeping enemies away instead of directly fighting.
- With a decent knockback modifier and a Titan Glove (or one of its upgrades) equipped, the Slap Hand can easily catapult most enemies very far away.
- It can be useful when spelunking or exploring when the player does not want to fight, due to the ease at which it can force enemies out of one's way.
- Hitting a Snow Flinx, wingless Slimer, or especially a Pinky results in massive knockback, as they have negative knockback resistance.
- Due to their nature, flying enemies (notably Corruptors) can be easily sent flying far off the screen with this weapon, causing them to despawn.
- Summoning a Blood Moon manually with a Bloody Tear will also cause the Skeleton Merchant to be able to sell the Slap Hand.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage increased from 1 to 35.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Damage reduced from 35 to 1.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.