|Present Slimes appearing during Christmas|
|Slime in Bunny costume for Halloween|
You look half digested. Have you been chasing slimes again?
Slimes are the most common enemy type. They are almost always the first enemy the player encounters in a new world. They come in multiple sizes and colors, each with different health, defense, and damage. With the exception of the Gastropod, all slimes follow the basic Slime AI: They hop in the direction of the player and rest a short amount of time afterwards. When a slime is preparing to hop, it bobs up and down rapidly. Slimes can float in water and move significantly faster while doing so, but only the Lava Slime can float in lava.
Slimes spawned on or near the surface are usually neutral and do not chase the player during the day, unless provoked. All slimes become hostile at night and slimes spawned underground are always hostile. Green, Blue, Red, Purple and Yellow Slimes usually spawn on or near the surface, while Mother Slime, Baby Slime, and Black Slime can only be found underground. Pinky may appear anywhere, yet rarely.
- Most Slime types, and the Slimed Zombie; (0.01% or 1/10,000 chance; 0.014% or 1/7000 chance).
- Sand Slime (0.013% or 1/8000; 0.018% or 1/5600 chance).
- Pinky (1% or 1/100 chance; 1.4% or 1/70 chance).
- The following types do not drop the Slime Staff: Lava, Dungeon, Umbrella, Hoppin' Jack, Corrupt (Shadow ), Crimslime, Gastropod (Spectral Gastropod ), Rainbow, King Slime, Queen Slime.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Internal NPC ID: -3
Internal NPC ID: 1
Internal NPC ID: -8
Internal NPC ID: -7
Internal NPC ID: -9
Internal NPC ID: -6
Internal NPC ID: 147
|30 / 338||8 / 72||4 / 20||
Internal NPC ID: 537
|50 / 338||15 / 82||5 / 15||
Internal NPC ID: -10
|60 / 338||18 / 82||6 / 15||
|Spiked Ice Slime
Internal NPC ID: 184
|60 / 376||12 / 60 (melee)
18 / 36 (ranged)
|8 / 22||
|Spiked Jungle Slime
Internal NPC ID: 204
|65 / 272||28 / 96 (melee)
26 / 52 (ranged)
|8 / 15||
Internal NPC ID: 16
|90 / 180 › 198 › 396||20 / 40 › 36 › 72||7 / 7 › 14||
Internal NPC ID: -5
Internal NPC ID: 59
|50 / 292||15 / 72||10 / 26|
Internal NPC ID: 71
|150 / 300 › 330||30 / 60 › 54||7|
Internal NPC ID: -4
Internal NPC ID: 50
|2000 / 2800 / 3570||40 / 64||10|
Internal NPC ID: 535
Internal NPC ID: 225
|35 / 324||10 / 74||5 / 21||
Internal NPC ID: 302
|25 / 360||7 / 82||2 / 13|
|Slime(White Present Slime)
Internal NPC ID: 333
|25 / 360||7 / 82||2 / 13|
|Slime(Yellow Present Slime)
Internal NPC ID: 334
|23 / 368||6 / 78||2 / 14||
|Slime(Green Present Slime)
Internal NPC ID: 335
|29 / 348||8 / 78||3 / 16||
|Slime(Red Present Slime)
Internal NPC ID: 336
|22 / 420||5 / 78||1 / 8||
Hardmode-only[edit | edit source]
Internal NPC ID: 141
|150 / 300||50 / 100||18|
Internal NPC ID: 81
|170 / 340||55 / 110||20|
Internal NPC ID: -1
|90 / 254||45 / 104||10 / 12|
Internal NPC ID: 121
|60 / 164 (first form)
90 / 226 (second form)
|45 / 100||20 / 25||
Internal NPC ID: 183
|200 / 400||60 / 120||26|
Internal NPC ID: 122
|220 / 440||60 / 120 (melee)
50 / 100 (ranged)
Internal NPC ID: 138
|180 / 360||70 / 140||30||
Internal NPC ID: 244
|400 / 800||85 / 170||26|
Internal NPC ID: 657
|18000 / 28800 / 36720||60 / 120||26|
Internal NPC ID: 658
|286||40 / 80||35||n/a||
Internal NPC ID: 659
|286||40 / 80||35||n/a||
Internal NPC ID: 660
|120 / 180 / 228||50||30||n/a||
Exclusive variants[edit | edit source]
Bonus drops[edit | edit source]
Certain slimes have a 5% (1/20) chance of carrying a bonus item when spawning naturally. This item can be seen inside the slime's body and will drop upon its death.
The slimes that can have bonus drops are:
The bonus drops cannot be seen inside Pinky's body, although they do still drop.
|Wormhole Potion ||1/14||1|
|Copper Coin ||1/12||50-99|
|Silver Coin ||1/12||50-99|
|Gold Coin ||1/12||1-3|
- When in single player mode, this item will be replaced by Recall Potion.
- Not counting the normal Heart drop rate of all enemies.
- Any of these ores may spawn inside of a slime, regardless of whether it was generated in the world or not.
- Not counting the normal drop rate of coins for different Slimes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Smaller slimes may clip through walls and one block-wide holes.
- The Royal Gel accessory (dropped by King Slime in Expert mode) turns all slimes passive (i.e., behaving neutral and not dealing damage), with the exceptions of Spiked Slimes and King Slime himself.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Farming slimes with a Slime Statue can produce an infinite amount of Gel. This can be helpful when using the Flamethrower, which requires Gel as ammunition.
- A Slime Statue can also be used to farm for a Slime Staff.
- Because of their low stature, slimes can be difficult to hit with guns, bows, or magic weapons, as they require calibration to effectively hit in early game stages. Broadswords, or other melee weapons with an arc, are more preferable. Exceptions to this exist, such as controllable magic weapons like the Flamelash or Magic Missile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rainbow Slimes deal the most damage out of all non-boss slime variants.
- Slimes are hinted to be made of a digestive substance by the Nurse in her dialogue: "You look half digested. Have you been chasing slimes again?"
- The fact that Slimes are usually a player's first enemy encounter is referenced in the painting First Encounter.
- According to the Collector's Edition trading card of the Blue Slime, there is a single source where all the slimes originate, and destroying that source will make the slimes vanish from the world. However, no such source currently exists in the game.
- Grasshoppers use the same AI as slimes, which causes them to hop away from the player during daytime, and towards the player at night.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Hoppin' Jack – a slime-like enemy that spawns during Halloween
- Slime Mount – a rideable slime mount
- Baby Slime Minion – a slime minion which fights enemies
- Slime Pet – a slime pet (which will not fight)
- Solidifier – a crafting station for slime-themed furniture
- Slime Rain – a random event where Green, Blue and Purple Slimes rain down from the sky, and King Slime spawns after killing enough slimes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Queen Slime, Crystal Slime, Bouncy Slime and Heavenly Slime introduced.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Slimes should no longer be able to go through 1 block high gaps.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.2.2: Present Slime variants introduced.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Bunny Slime introduced.
- Desktop 1.2: Umbrella Slime, Rainbow Slime, Crimslime, Spiked Jungle Slime, Ice Slime, Spiked Ice Slime, and Slimed Zombie introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Corrupt Slime, Slimeling, Gastropod, Slimer, Toxic Sludge, and Illuminant Slime introduced.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Slimes no longer chase the player in water when they are not in aggresive mode.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Dungeon Slime introduced.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Desktop 1.0.4: King Slime and Jungle Slime introduced.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced all the various colored slimes, Pinky, Mother and Baby Slimes.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.