|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons Slime Mount|
The Slimy Saddle is a Mount summoning item. When used, it summons a friendly Slime Mount. The Slime offers increased jump height (21 tiles) and movement speed (20 mph), decreases fall damage by half, and enables floating on water surfaces and continuous auto-jump by holding the ↷ Jump key. On the Desktop version and Console version, landing on enemies while riding this mount will deal 40 damage (excluding defense) to them in addition to pushing the player back up again. For the purposes of this damage, the Slime Mount is considered a minion and benefits from effects that boost the damage of summons.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Slime Mount does not benefit from the damage or critical strike chance bonuses of banners.
- The Slime Mount's damage is not variable (i.e. unaffected by the usual ±15% randomization), hence it is very useful for enemy defense tests in-game.
- The Cloud in a Bottle's and its derivatives' and relatives' double jump ability works while riding the Slime Mount.
- Damaging an enemy with the Slime Mount will reset the player's invulnerability, meaning that they cannot take damage immediately after jumping on an enemy.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the Slime Mount bounces off of Target Dummies, it is possible to create an elevator with them and the Mount.
- A player can easily move from the bottom of a large body of water to the surface by mounting the Slimy Saddle as the Slime Mount will float to the top.
- Players move at double the normal vertical speed whilst riding the Slime. (Note that the Stopwatch and the Goblin Tech will still show the regular speed.) This can be extremely useful, e.g. for traveling down hellevators with great speed.
- By grappling to a wall and activating the mount mid-way, the bright particle effects will go about 16 blocks through, thus revealing caverns and valuables. Combined with the zoomed-in overlay map, this is a good way to explore the underground early on. Note that to activate the mount while grappling, you need to have enough space at the point of activation for the mount to appear.
- Using the Slime Mount just before the flight time of the Rocket Boots ends will propel the player upwards a few extra blocks.
- If the Slime Mount jumps while floating atop a body of water it may jump again in mid-air resulting in a double jump. Note that this is slightly inconsistent.
- The Slime Mount can be used as a viable source of damage against enemies and bosses.
- It is useful against early-game bosses like the Eye of Cthulhu, because it drastically reduces the chance of receiving contact damage from them. However, this may lead to a rapid ascension which poses the threat of dying to fall damage. Additionally, because of the Slime's high vertical movement speed, the boss might despawn due to the large distance.
- Worm-like enemies, particularly the Eater of Worlds, can be fought very effectively in spaces with a low ceiling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is one of the few pre-Hardmode items with a rarity of .
- Going on and off the slime quickly allows it to function as light source.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now bounce off enemies to inflict damage.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.