|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Summons a baby slime to fight for you.|
|Grants buff||Baby Slime|
|Buff tooltip||The baby slime will fight for you|
|Internal Item ID: 1309|
|Internal Buff ID: 64|
- This article is about the summoning item. For the Console/Mobile pet/item, see Slime Pet/Petri Dish. For the mount, see Slimy Saddle.
The Slime Staff is a summon weapon that summons a baby Slime minion to fight by your side. Like other minions, the summoned baby slime is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
The Slime Staff generally has the rarest drop chance of any weapon, with minor exceptions. The typical drop rate from most Slimes and Slimed Zombies is 1/10000 / 1/7000 (0.01% / 0.014% ). Pinky has a greatly improved drop rate of 1/100 / 1/70 (1% / 1.4% ). Additionally, Sand Slimes have a drop rate of 1/8000 / 1/5600 (0.013% / 0.018% ).
Unlike other summon weapons, its best possible Modifier is Mythical. This is because both the Ruthless and Mythical modifiers both raise its base damage to 9 due to rounding.
Note[edit | edit source]
- Enemies frequently avoid player-inflicted damage when being attacked by a pet slime, due to its high attack speed causing brief invulnerability to enemies.
- Maximal potential attack frequency of Slimes summoned by the Slime Staff on any given target reaches six hits per second.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to obtain the Slime Staff without much effort is to construct a statue farm with one or more Slime Statues, and lava just deep enough to destroy the gel drops as it kills the slimes. Leave it alone for a while, and occasionally check if the staff has been dropped yet. Using, say, a crab engine can maximize the spawn rate, and of course multiple statues will help. Note that as of version 184.108.40.206, you can NOT simply wire six timers or engines to a statue for six-fold loot.
- If you do not have a Slime Statue, the next best method of collecting a Slime Staff is to craft Slime Crowns and killing King Slime, or more specifically, the Blue Slimes that spawn as you damage him.
- The Slime Staff when coupled with Lucky Coin and a weak modifier is a great money maker since its attacks are fast but not strong.
- It can be used to keep weak enemies off your back, enemies such as Meteor Heads.
- The slime summoned by this staff is summoned at the cursor, and therefore can be used to attack enemies on the other side of walls, etc.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Slime Staff has the lowest drop rate of any enemy-dropped item.
- Prior to 1.3.4, the slime staff was the weakest summon weapon in the game. This has been changed ever since, as it now does twice as much damage as the Lightning Aura Rod.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Now has an increased 1% chance to drop from Pinky.
- 18.104.22.168: Now requires 10 mana. Fixed a bug where the Hornet Staff, Imp Staff, and Slime Staff minion buffs did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Minions |
| Weapons (List): Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Summoning weapons • Thrown weapons |