|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||28 Average|
|Tooltip||Summons a baby slime to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The baby slime will fight for you|
- Baby Slime
- This article is about the summoning item. For the Old-gen console version and pet, see versionPetri Dish. For the mount, see Slimy Saddle. For the slime enemy, see Slimes.
The Slime Staff is a summon weapon which summons a Baby Slime minion. Like other minions, the summoned Baby Slime is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
The Slime Staff generally has the rarest drop chance of any weapon, with minor exceptions. The typical drop rate from most slimes and Slimed Zombies is 1/10000 / 1/7000 (0.01% / 0.014%). Pinky has a greatly increased drop rate of 1/100 / 1/70 (1% / 1.4%). Additionally, Sand Slimes have a drop rate of 1/8000 / 1/5600 (0.013% / 0.018%).
Unlike other summon weapons, its best possible modifier is Mythical. This is because both the Ruthless and Mythical modifiers raise its base damage only to 9 due to rounding.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Enemies frequently avoid player-inflicted damage when being attacked by the Baby Slime, due to its high attack speed causing brief invulnerability to enemies.
- The maximal potential attack frequency of Baby Slimes summoned by the Slime Staff on any given target reaches six hits per second.
- Although it is extremely rare, it is possible to obtain the Slime Staff immediately when starting a new game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to obtain the Slime Staff without much effort is to construct a statue farm with one or more Slime Statues, and lava just deep enough to not destroy any drops as it kills the slimes. Leave it alone for a while, and occasionally check if the staff has been dropped yet. Using advanced setups like engines and multiple statues can greatly accelerate the process. Note that as of version 22.214.171.124 , one cannot simply trigger the statue in quick succession, as there is a limit to how often that is possible.
- Another way to quickly kill a lot of slimes is to summon King Slime or to wait for a Slime Rain .
- The Slime Staff when coupled with Lucky Coin and the Broken modifier is a great money maker since its attacks are fast but not strong.
- It can be used to keep weak enemies like Meteor Heads away while focusing on other tasks like mining.
- The summoned Baby Slime is summoned at the cursor, and therefore can be used to attack enemies on the other side of walls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Slime Staff generally has the lowest drop rate of any enemy-dropped item with minor exceptions.
- Prior to 1.3.4 , the Slime Staff was the weakest summon weapon in the game. Since 1.3.4, the Lightning Aura Rod has half the base damage, but also ignores defense.
- The Baby Slime summoned by the Slime Staff appears to be a baby version of the Toxic Sludge slime, being similar in color, and having a face as well.
- When the Baby Slime is moving to attack an enemy, it will destroy pots, grass, and vines.
- If the player is moving too fast, the Slime will fly to the player with wings.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has an increased 1% / 1.43% chance to drop from Pinky and 0.013% / 0.018% from Sand Slime.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Fixed a bug where the minion buff did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Updated drop chances to match Desktop 184.108.40.206. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Updated drop chances to match Desktop 220.127.116.11. ()
- Console 1.07: Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Updated drop chances to match Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.