- For the achievement of the same name, see Achievements.
The Slimer is a Hardmode enemy that only spawns in The Corruption and Underground Corruption. It spawns as a winged Slime, attacking the player using the Bat AI pattern. Once "killed" for the first time, the slime body drops to the ground, continuing to fight using the aggressive Slime AI pattern.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike the Corrupt Slime, the Slimer does not have a specific Crimson slime variant.
- When they lose their wings, they will not be given invincibility frames from piercing weapons. Because of this, it is possible that they can be damaged by piercing weapons right when they lose their wings (Example: A Shadowbeam Staff can damage it to lose its wings and then may bounce back and damage it right when it loses its wings).
- On the version, Slimers are not affected by the Royal Gel and remain aggressive.Verify
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Slimers appear to be wearing Demon Wings; however, they do not drop them.
- After Slimers lose their wings, they have the second lowest knockback resistance in the game, beaten only by Pinky.
- While wearing wings, Slimers have the shape of a circle, unlike any other slime.
- The Slimer without wings is visually identical to the Corrupt Slime, but with lower stats.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop Slime Staff.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.