From Terraria Wiki
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons Slime Mount|
|Desktop/Console/Old-gen console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, Old-gen console, and Mobile versions of Terraria.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One can make an elevator using Target Dummies and this mount.
- A player can easily get from the bottom of a large body of water to the surface by mounting the Slimy Saddle as the Slime Mount will float to the top.
- Players move at 2x normal vertical speed whilst riding the slime. (however the Stopwatch or Goblin Tech still shows the regular speed). This can be extremely useful, as it allows you to travel down hellevators with great speed. Be careful, though, as pink slime blocks will occasionally fail to prevent fall damage.
- The Cloud in a Bottle's double jump ability works while riding the slime mount. The same goes for all other multi-jump accessories (excluding wings, rocket boots, or similar).
- Damaging an enemy with the Slime Mount will reset your invulnerability, meaning that you can't take damage after jumping on an enemy.
- By grappling to a wall and activating the mount mid-way, the bright particle effects will go ~16 blocks through, thus revealing caverns and valuables. Combined with the zoomed-in overlay map, this is a good way to explore the underground early on. Note that to activate the mount while grappling, you need to have enough space at the point of activation for the mount to appear.
- Using the Slime Mount in a small 10x10 room can be extremely useful when trying to kill/farm the Eater of Worlds, because the slime will kill him very quickly (in just less than 30 seconds). This even works in Expert mode.
- The Slimy Saddle can be useful when fighting the Eye of Cthulhu as you can jump on top of him repeatedly without taking damage. But be aware that you will rapidly travel upward, and falling back down after several seconds can despawn the Eye as well as potentially kill the player by fall damage.
- The Slimy Saddle can also be quite effective against the Eater of Worlds, as it can only go melee against you. Keep in mind that if you go too high, you might despawn the boss.
- If the Slime Mount jumps while floating atop a body of water it may jump again in mid-air resulting in a double jump. Although this is slightly inconsistent.
- Using the Slime Mount just before your flight time ends while using the Rocket Boots will propel the player upwards a few extra blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is one of the few pre-Hardmode items with a rarity of yellow.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now bounce off enemies to inflict damage.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.