| Summons Mount
| Slime Mount
A player riding a slime using the Slimy Saddle
A player bouncing on a dummy
- For the minion, see Slime Staff. For the Console/Mobile pet, see Petri Dish.
The Slimy Saddle
is a Mount
summoning item. When used, it summons a friendly Slime Mount. The Slime offers increased jump height (21 tiles) and movement speed (20 mph
), reduction in fall damage, floating on water
surfaces, and continuous auto-jump by holding the
key. On the Desktop version
, landing on enemies while riding this mount will deal 40 damage (excluding defense) to them. For the purposes of this damage, the Slime Mount is considered a minion
and benefits from effects that boost the damage of summons.
On the Desktop version, the Slimy Saddle has a 25% (1/4) chance of being dropped by King Slime in normal mode, and a 50% (1/2) chance of being found in a King Slime Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
On the Console version and Mobile version, it has a 2.5% (1/40) chance of being dropped by King Slime.
- A player can easily get from the bottom of a large body of water to the surface by mounting the Slimy Saddle as the Slime Mount will float to the top.
- Players move at 2x normal vertical speed whilst riding the slime. (but the Stopwatch or Goblin Tech still shows the regular speed) This can be extremely useful, as it allows you to travel down hellevators with great speed. Be careful, though, as pink slime blocks will occasionally fail to prevent fall damage.
- The Cloud in a Bottle's double jump ability works while riding the slime mount. The same goes for all other multi-jump accessories (excluding wings, rocket boots, or similar).
- Damaging an enemy with the Slime Mount will reset your invulnerability, meaning that you can't take damage after jumping on an enemy.
- By grappling to a wall and activating the mount mid-way, the bright particle effects will go ~16 blocks through, thus revealing caverns and valuables. Combined with the zoomed-in overlay map, this is a good way to explore the underground early on. Note that to activate the mount while grappling, you need to have enough space at the point of activation for the mount to appear.
- Using the Slime Mount in a small 10x10 room can be extremely useful when trying to kill/farm the Eater of Worlds, because the slime will kill him very quickly (in just less than 30 seconds).
- The Slimy Saddle can be useful when fighting the Eye of Cthulhu as you can jump on top of him repeatedly without taking damage, but be aware that you will rapidly travel upward and falling back down after several seconds can despawn the Eye, as well as potentially killing the player from fall damage.
- The Slimy Saddle can also be quite effective against the Eater of Worlds, as it can only go melee against you. Keep in mind that if you go too high, you might despawn the boss.
- If the Slime Mount jumps while floating atop a body of water it may jump again in mid-air resulting in a double jump. Although this is slightly inconsistent.
- It is one of the few pre-Hardmode items with a rarity of yellow.
- 18.104.22.168: Can now bounce off enemies to inflict damage.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.