The Snail is a rather rare critter that only spawns underground. It can be caught using the Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, used as a fishing bait, or crafted into a Snail Cage to be placed as an animated furniture item. It cannot be released once crafted into a cage. It has 10% bait power.
A Snail Cage occupies a 2x3 space. The Snail inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Hide inside its shell
- Try to climb up to the ceiling of the cage, but fail and fall down again
- Make a whole loop around its cage successfully
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Snails seem to spawn frequently in the Jungle Temple.
- Snails are also found in the Underground Jungle and sometimes in Glowing Mushroom biomes.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Can now be used as bait.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, can be used as bait.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, can be used as bait.