|Tooltip||Increases view range for guns (Right click to zoom out)|
10% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
- Internal Item ID: 1858
The Sniper Scope is a Hardmode, post-Golem accessory that provides 10% increased ranged damage and 10% increased critical strike chance, and increases view range for guns (hold right click and move mouse). Note that the increased view range only works if you are holding a gun.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Stake Launcher is affected by the increased zoom range, despite not being a gun weapon.
- The Piranha Gun, Paintball Gun, Rainbow Gun and Sandgun are not affected by the zoom despite having gun in their names.
- The Sniper Scope actually has a higher critical hit chance than the Destroyer Emblem for guns.
- The Sniper Scope’s zoom stacks with that of the Sniper Rifle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If zoomed in on a biome with different music than the one the player is in, the music will change upon zooming. Ex. The player is standing in a Forest biome, zooms in on a Mushroom biome, the music changes to the Mushroom biome music.
- If zoomed into an area affected by an area-buff item, the player will receive the buff even if they are not inside the radius. If they are inside the radius, zooming outside of the radius will cause the player to lose the buff. This applies to a Campfire, Heart Lantern, Star in a Bottle, and even Banners.
- Having a Sniper Scope equipped, even if you aren't zoomed out, drastically increases the enemy spawning rectangle. This can effectively break player made farms that rely on knowledge of the normal spawning rectangle. The exact distance is unknown.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where zooming with Sniper Scope / Binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
| Hardmode Accessories |
| Wings • • •
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •
• • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• • • |
• • • • •