|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Not to be confused with the Snowball Cannon, a ranged weapon found in Ice Chests, or the Snowball Launcher, which rapidly fires Snowballs.
The Snowman Cannon is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Launcher. It has a low chance (4.4% - 7.52%) to be dropped by the Ice Queen during the Frost Moon event. It's essentially the homing version of the Rocket Launcher, firing Rockets which guide themselves towards targets to explode on contact. The rockets fired are re-sprited and resembles miniature snowmen. The splash damage from the rockets does not harm the user.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In PvP it can do immense amounts of damage if used with Ranger-accessories and the Shroomite armor (Helmet), dealing around 250 damage per shot only using Rocket III. However, rockets do not home on players, meaning that careful aim is required.
- When using against large hordes of enemies, especially The Destroyer and other worms, the Snowman Cannon will deal massive amounts of damage, sometimes more than the Coin Gun with Platinum coins.
- Like the Stynger, the Snowman Cannon can only deal either direct or splash damage, but not both.
- If a rocket fails to hit an enemy, it will usually turn back and continue the chase, though the wide turning radius often prevents this from happening outside of open spaces. This may lead to accidents that will destroy blocks.
- The rocket will chase other enemies if they are on screen, when the initial target is killed before the rocket reaches it. Otherwise, it will just fly forward and blow up after hitting a block.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite its name and appearance, it is not an upgrade to the Snowball Cannon; therefore, it can't use Snowballs as ammunition.
- Because of the high damage, speed and homing effects, some people consider it to be even better than the Celebration, dropped by the Moon Lord.
- It is the only Launcher that can destroy tiles yet can't harm the user, unlike Celebration and Electrosphere Launcher.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.