|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Launches homing missiles|
- Snowman Rocket I
- Snowman Rocket II
- Snowman Rocket III
- Snowman Rocket IV
- Cluster Rocket Rocket I
- Cluster Rocket II
- Wet Rocket
- Lava Rocket
- Honey Rocket
- Mini Nuke Rocket I
- Mini Nuke Rocket II
- Dry Rocket
- Not to be confused with the Snowball Cannon, a ranged weapon found in Ice Chests, or the Snowball Launcher, a placeable weapon which rapidly fires Snowballs.
The Snowman Cannon is a Hardmode, post-Plantera launcher. It has a low chance (4.4% – 7.52%) to be dropped by the Ice Queen during the Frost Moon event. It can be considered an upgraded, homing version of the Rocket Launcher, firing rockets that will track the nearest enemy and detonate on contact.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Old-gen console version, rockets fired by the Snowman Cannon cannot destroy tiles.
- When using the Cluster Rocket I or Cluster Rocket II as ammunition, the secondary explosions caused by the shrapnel will deal no damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When using against large hordes of enemies, especially The Destroyer and other worms, the Snowman Cannon will deal massive amounts of damage, sometimes more than the Coin Gun with Platinum Coins.
- Like the Stynger, the Snowman Cannon can only deal either direct or splash damage, but not both.
- If a rocket fails to hit an enemy, it will usually turn back and continue the chase, though the wide turning radius often prevents this from happening outside of open spaces. This may lead to accidents that will destroy blocks.
- Enemies, with the ability to teleport, won't be able to dodge Snowman Missiles, due to their strong homing capabilities.
- If a rocket loses its current target, it will track the next closest enemy, otherwise it will continue on its flight path.
- In PvP, it can do immense amounts of damage if used with accessories boosting ranged damage and the Shroomite armor (with Helmet), dealing around 250 damage per shot only using Rocket III. However, rockets do not home on players, meaning that careful aim is required.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite its name and appearance, it is not an upgrade to the Snowball Cannon; therefore, it cannot use Snowballs as ammunition.
- The Snowman Cannon fires snowman-themed missiles, hence its name.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.05: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.