|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Strike with the fury of the sun'|
|Debuff tooltip||Incenerated by solar rays|
- Solar Whip Sword
- Solar Whip Sword Explosion
The Solar Eruption is a Hardmode autoswinging melee weapon which fires a long, spear-like projection from the player's position that quickly retracts. The tip follows a narrow arc in the general direction of the cursor before retracting. The Solar Eruption can travel through blocks and inflicts the Daybroken debuff which deals damage in ticks of 25.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Solar Eruption generates an explosion on the first few enemies it pierces. This explosion then applies the debuff to all nearby NPCs with the exception of friendly ones.
- The reach of the Solar Eruption does not include the head of the weapon, it only includes the spiked shaft.
- When the player is standing still or moving at a slow pace, the Solar Eruption will typically hit each target caught by it at least 5 times.
- Killing an enemy that spawns smaller enemies, such as a Mother Slime, will not cause the Daybroken debuff to stay active on newly spawned enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Solar Eruption is effective for large groups of enemies such as during events, as it pierces through and deals damage to all of them.
- However, it can be poor for single targets, especially at long range.
- The Solar Eruption is exceptionally useful for fighting the Moon Lord, as he is unable to hit the player through walls with most of his attacks. This means the Moon Lord can be damaged through walls from relative safety.
- Due to the long reach and small sweep of the Solar Eruption, it can be used to cut down plants with ease.
- The Solar Eruption is a very useful tool for finding items in dark areas, due to it being able to quickly illuminate areas through blocks.
- This item can kill The Destroyer in seconds due to multiple segments of the weapon hitting multiple segments of The Destroyer multiple times.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The debuff tooltip misspells "Incinerated" as "Incenerated".
- A "Solar eruption" is another name for a Solar flare.
- The Solar Eruption was likely inspired by Solar prominences, where large, twisting, looping, and arcing plasma emissions are ejected from the surface of the Sun into space.
- The Solar Eruption is regarded as one of the best overall weapons in the game due to its high damage, debuff, and its block-ignoring effect.
- The Solar Eruption during its attack animation is referred to as "Solar Whip Sword" internally, implying that this weapon may have been meant as the sword-type item for the set of equipment crafted from Lunar Fragments.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Lowered the volume of the use sound.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed a stray pixel in the sprite.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed Daybroken debuff spreading to friendly NPCs, killing them.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.