|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Strike with the fury of the sun'|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Incenerated by solar rays [sic]|
The Solar Eruption is a Hardmode auto-swing melee weapon that fires a long spear-like projection from the player's position that quickly retracts. This weapon can travel through blocks. The tip follows a narrow arc in the general direction of the cursor before retracting. It inflicts the Daybroken debuff that deals damage in ticks of 25. You can craft this item after defeating the Solar Pillar and obtaining 18 solar fragments.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Solar Eruption generates an explosion on the first few enemies it pierces. This explosion then applies the debuff to all nearby NPCs with the exception of friendly ones.
- The reach of the Solar Eruption doesn't include the head of the weapon. It only includes the spiked shaft.
- When the player is standing still or moving at a slow pace, the Solar Eruption will typically hit each target caught by it at least 5 times.
- If you kill an enemy that spawns smaller enemies, such as a Mother Slime, it will sometimes cause the Daybroken debuff to stay active on newly spawned enemies.Verify
- It seems to have much lower knockback than most other flails, but its still enough to keep most enemies at bay.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Solar Eruption is great for large groups of enemies such as Events, as it pierces through and deals damage to all of them.
- However, it can be poor for single targets, especially at long range.
- The Solar Eruption is exceptionally useful for fighting the Moon Lord, as he is unable to hit you through walls with most of his attacks. This means you can use the Solar Eruption through walls to damage him, while also being safe from his attacks.
- Due to the long reach and small sweep of the Solar Eruption, it can be used to cut down plants with ease.
- The Solar Eruption is a very useful tool for finding items in dark areas, due to it being able to quickly illuminate areas though blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The debuff tooltip misspells "Incinerated" as "Incenerated".
- A "Solar eruption" is another name for a Solar flare.
- The Solar Eruption was likely inspired by Solar prominences, where large, twisting, looping, and arcing plasma emissions are ejected from the surface of the Sun into space.
- The Solar Eruption could be considered an indirect upgrade of the Sunfury because of their similar themes and them both being flails.
- The Solar Eruption is regarded as one of the best overall weapons in the game due to its high damage, debuff, and its block ignoring effect.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Lowered the volume of the use sound.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed a stray pixel in the sprite.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed Daybroken debuff spreading to friendly NPCs, killing them.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()