We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
| Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.
Player using the Solar Eruption.
The Solar Eruption is a Hardmode auto-swing melee weapon that fires a long spear-like projection from the player's position that quickly retracts. This weapon can travel through blocks. The tip follows a narrow arc in the general direction of the cursor before retracting. It inflicts the Daybroken debuff that deals damage in ticks of 25. You can craft this item after defeating the Solar Pillar.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
- The Solar Eruption generates an explosion on the first few enemies it pierces. This explosion then applies the debuff to all nearby NPCs with the exception of friendly ones.
- The reach of the Solar Eruption doesn't include the head of the weapon, only including the spiked shaft.
- The Solar Eruption will typically hit each target caught by it at least 5 times, provided they are able to survive for the entirety of the attack.
- The Solar Eruption is regarded as one of the best overall weapons in the game due to its high damage and its block ignoring effect.
- If you kill an enemy that spawns smaller enemies, such as a Mother Slime, with the Solar Eruption, it will sometimes cause the Daybroken debuff to stay active on newly spawned enemies.
- It seems to have much lower knockback than most other flails, but its knockback is enough to keep most enemies at bay.
- The Solar Eruption is great for large groups of enemies such as Events, as it pierces through and deals damage to all of them. Furthermore, the Solar Eruption can pass through walls. However, it can be poor for single targets, especially at long range. The Daybreak is much better for lone targets due to its accuracy and stackable debuff.
- This weapon is very effective against The Destroyer, since it deals damage to multiple segments at once. When combined with melee-boosting Armor and Accessories, it can defeat the boss in under a minute, allowing easy farming.
- The Solar Eruption can reach a dps as high as 2500 without any modifiers.
- The Solar Eruption is exceptionally useful for fighting the Moon Lord, as he is unable to hit you through walls with most of his attacks. This means you can stay behind cover and use the Solar Eruption through walls to damage him, while he has a hard time hitting you.
- The lighting effect of the Solar Eruption can be used to illuminate dark areas and find ores hidden in the dark (although by the time the player has obtained it, ores may be of little use).
- Due to the long reach and small sweep of the Solar Eruption, it can be used to cut down plants and Mushrooms with ease.
- The Solar Eruption can be a viable replacement for the Death Sickle.
- The debuff tooltip misspells "Incinerated" as "Incenerated".
- A "solar eruption" is another name for a Solar flare.
- The Solar Eruption was likely inspired by Solar prominences, where large, twisting, looping, and arcing plasma emissions are ejected from the surface of the Sun into space.
- 1.3.1: Lowered the volume of the use sound.
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed a stray pixel in the sprite.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed Daybroken debuff spreading to friendly NPCs, killing them.