- Internal Item ID: 2767
A Solar Tablet is a Hardmode consumable item used to summon a Solar Eclipse. It may only be used during the day, causing the eclipse to begin immediately, regardless of the time. The eclipse lasts only for the current day.
Solar Tablets can be found in Lihzahrd Chests in the Jungle Temple. Additionally, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes have a chance of dropping a Solar Tablet Fragment, which can be used to craft a Solar Tablet.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Solar Tablet and Solar Tablet Fragments may be available pre-Hardmode – temple enemies may occasionally spawn outside the temple to drop fragments, and there are numerous ways to enter the temple prior to defeating Plantera. Note that the tablet cannot be crafted without a Hardmode Anvil, and it will not work anyway until the world is in Hardmode.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Kill the Sun achievement is granted at the end of any Solar Eclipse, regardless of how many of its enemies were defeated during it. A Solar Tablet can be used to invoke a Solar Eclipse moments before sunset, when it would naturally end, rewarding the achievement without the player having to endure the event.
- While the item itself has no currency value, the Solar Eclipse spawned by it can potentially rake in multiple Platinum Coins.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now cannot be used in pre-Hardmode, at night, or while a Solar Eclipse is already in progress.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.