Soul of Night
- Internal Item ID: 521
- For strategies on gathering souls, see Guide:Harvesting Souls.
Soul of Night is a Hardmode crafting material dropped by most enemies killed in the Underground Corruption or Underground Crimson at Caverns layer, with a 1/5 (20%) chance. In an Expert mode map, this rate is increased to 9/25 (36%). This includes stray enemies not native to the biome, such as Goblins and other enemies.
Crafting all items on the Desktop version, excluding the Boss-summoning items and Key of Night, requires 70 Souls of Night (79 on console/mobile). One of each Boss-summoning item and a Key of Night requires an additional 24 Souls of Night (14 for console/mobile), for a total of 94 (93 for console/mobile).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On larger worlds, souls of night sometimes may not be dropped in the underground layer, and can only be harvested in the cavern layer.
- Although the tooltip says: 'The essence of dark creatures', Souls of Night can be dropped by enemies that are not native to the Underground Corruption or Crimson.
- Enemies spawned by a statue will not drop souls even if the statue is in the Underground Crimson/Corruption. Spawned Bunnies and Goldfish that are turned into their corrupt counterpart (due to Vile Powder or a Blood Moon) will not drop souls either.
- Bosses cannot drop Soul of Night, similar to Soul of Light.
- In the Desktop version and Console version, Meteor Heads will no longer drop souls, even when killed in the Underground Corruption/Crimson.
- On the iOS version, there is a currently unknown chance of souls dropping in the above-ground Corruption/Crimson.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2:
- Drop rate increased from 1 in 7 (~14%) to 1 in 5 (20%).
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now obtainable.
- Mobile 1.1.8: Introduced, but unobtainable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.