Souls are Hardmode crafting materials dropped by enemies. Unlike most other enemy drops, souls are not affected by gravity ( except the Souls of Blight), and thus remain floating in midair at the location where the enemy was killed. For large enemies and bosses, this is usually the enemy's head, regardless of where the final strike occurred.
|Soul of Flight
Internal Item ID: 575
|Enemy||Wyvern, Arch Wyvern||'The essence of powerful flying creatures'||2|
|Soul of Light
Internal Item ID: 520
|Biome||Underground Hallow enemies
||'The essence of light creatures'||2|
|Soul of Night
Internal Item ID: 521
|Biome||Underground Corruption or Underground Crimson enemies
||'The essence of dark creatures'||2|
|Soul of Might
Internal Item ID: 548
|Boss||The Destroyer, Lepus||'The essence of the destroyer'||80|
|Soul of Sight
Internal Item ID: 549
|Boss||The Twins||'The essence of omniscient watchers'||80|
|Soul of Fright
Internal Item ID: 547
|Boss||Skeletron Prime||'The essence of pure terror'||80|
|Soul of Blight
Internal Item ID: 5017
|Boss||Ocram||The essence of infected creatures||2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Note that the biome (Underground Corruption/Crimson or Hallow) determines what soul will be dropped, not the enemy. For instance, an Illuminant Bat in the Corruption will drop Souls of Night, and a Corruptor in the Hallow will drop Souls of Light.
- Pre-Hardmode enemies can drop Souls of Night and Light as well, but not in pre-Hardmode.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to obtain Souls of Night and Light is to go to the Dungeon and spray Red/Purple/Pink Solution with the Clentaminator at different areas, converting the area into the respective evil biome. Because of the Dungeon's high spawn rate, it is possible to get a large amount of souls fairly quickly.
- Another very effective way to farm Souls of Night and Light is to craft a Slime Crown and summon the King Slime in the appropriate underground biome. Each fight often yields over 20 souls from all of the slimes that are spawned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All of the Soul of... names rhyme with each other (-ight).
- In the 1.3 trailer, the Soul of Light used its old texture.
- Souls of Blight are the only souls without an animation, due to them being inaccessible in 1.3, the update which introduced animated soul sprites.
- There is only one soul which directly states the name of the enemy it is dropped from, the Soul of Might.
- It is also the only soul that is obtainable pre-Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Slimes summoned by King Slime no longer drop Souls of Night nor Souls of Light in their specific biomes.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Updated the graphics of all souls.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Souls now sell for less.
- Desktop 1.2: Increased the drop rate of souls.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.