- For info on how to farm souls, see Guide:Harvesting Souls. For the uncommon NPC found in the Underworld, see Tortured Soul.
Souls are Hardmode crafting materials dropped by enemies. Unlike other enemy drops, Souls are not affected by gravity, and thus remain floating in midair at the point where the enemy was killed. For large enemies and Bosses, this is usually the enemy's head, regardless of where the final strike occurred.
|Enemy||Wyvern, Arch Wyvern||The essence of powerful flying creatures||2|
|Biome||Underground Hallow enemies||The essence of light creatures||2|
|Biome||Underground Corruption or Underground Crimson enemies||The essence of dark creatures||2|
|Boss||The Destroyer, Lepus||The essence of the destroyer||80 ( 2 )|
|Boss||The Twins||The essence of omniscient watchers||80 ( 2 )|
|Boss||Skeletron Prime||The essence of pure terror||80 ( 2 )|
|Boss||Ocram||The essence of infected creatures||2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Underground Corruption/Crimson and Hallow enemies do not always drop souls, which makes soul gathering more difficult. The odds are 1/5, or 1/3 in Expert mode.
- Note that the biome (Corruption/Crimson or Hallow) determines what soul will be dropped, e.g an Illuminant Bat in the Corruption will drop Souls of Night, and a Corruptor in the Hallow will drop Souls of Light.
- Pre-Hardmode enemies can drop Souls of Night and Light as well, but not in pre-Hardmode.
- An easy way to get Souls of Night and Souls of Light is to go to the Dungeon and spray red/purple Solution with the Clentaminator at different areas. Because of the high spawn rate, it is possible to get a large amount of souls fairly quickly.
- Another very effective way to farm Souls of Night and Souls of Light is to craft a Slime Crown and summon the King Slime in the appropriate underground biome. Each boss often yields over 20 souls from all of the slimes that are spawned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All of the Soul of... names rhyme with each other (-ight).
- In the 1.3 trailer, the Soul of Light used its old texture.
- Souls of Blight are the only souls without an animation.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Updated the graphics of all souls.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Souls now sell for less.
- Desktop 1.2: Increased the drop rate of souls.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.