Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Soul of Flight
The Soul of Flight is a Hardmode crafting material used solely to craft one or two "wing key" items (mostly rare drops from powerful enemies or bosses) into the respective type of wings. Souls of Flight are dropped by Wyverns and Arch Wyverns and are the most common soul aside from the Souls of Light and Night.
Souls of Flight are dropped at the position of the Wyvern's head upon death, and like all other souls, float in midair at the drop point, rather than falling to the ground. This can make Souls of Flight more difficult to spot, e.g. if the Wyvern's head was off-screen or within blocks at the time of death.
Crafting all the Wings that need Souls of Flight requires 300 ( ) / 315 ( ) / 295 () Souls of Flight, meaning the player must defeat 30-60 or 15-30 Wyverns ( ) / 32-63 Wyverns or 15-60 Arch Wyverns ( ).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crafted wings sell for significantly more than the Souls of Flight and other materials that went into them, so extra souls are best crafted into wings (using whatever "wing key" items are available) for sale.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.