Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Soul of Flight
The Soul of Flight is a Hardmode crafting material used solely to craft various types of Wings. Souls of Flight are dropped by Wyverns and Arch Wyverns (), and are the most common Soul aside from the Soul of Light and Night.
Souls of Flight are dropped at the position of the Wyvern's head upon death, and like all other Souls, float in midair at the drop point, rather than falling to the ground. This can make Souls of Flight more difficult to spot, eg. if the Wyvern's head was off-screen or within blocks at the time of death.
Crafting all the Wings that need Souls of Flight requires 300 () / 315 () / 295 () Souls of Flight, meaning the player must defeat Wyverns 30-60 times, 15-30 on Expert mode, and 21-32 on the Console version and 20-30 on the Mobile version.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Extras can be crafted into Wings and then sold to NPCs, producing significantly more money than the materials alone would have.
- It helps to have wings, and they are much better than spectre boots/rocket boots, plus they provide immunity to fall damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.