Space is a layer appearing at the top of the world: ~950 feet and above for large worlds, ~700 for medium worlds, and ~425 for small worlds. Gravity is decreased in Space, which means the player can jump higher, and will fall slower, similar to the Featherfall Potion effect. The sky is dark and stars are visible, even when the Sun is still up. It has its own unique theme music.
Despite being at such high altitudes and having clear lack of oxygen, players that enter Space do not experience any consequences.
As with all high-altitude locations, Harpies will spawn, and in Hardmode, Wyverns. Fallen Stars spawn in this environment and can appear inside structures made at that altitude. Martian Probes have a more likely chance of spawning in space. Monsters such as Slimes and Zombies can also appear in Space, given a viable surface to spawn on.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
From Arch Wyvern
Reaching Space[edit | edit source]
- Build a pillar of blocks or Rope.
- Consume a Gravitation Potion.
- Equip Wings, Rocket Boots, a Hoverboard, or other jump-boosting accessories to reach higher altitudes, especially when used from a Floating Island or other tall structures.
- Use an Ice Rod as a mode of ascension, or to use as a way to reset wings' flight time midair.
- Fly up whilst being a ghost from a deceased hardcore character.
- Construct a railroad that ascends upwards.
- Use a Mount that flies, like the Bee Mount or the UFO Mount.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Into Orbit • "You can only go down from here!"|
|Icarus • "Reach the top of the World!"|
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.4: No longer rains in space.
- 1.2: Now has its own unique music.
- When nearing the top of the world, the player will now leave the atmosphere and be less affected by gravity. The sky will also turn dark.
- New enemy: Wyvern
- 1.0.4: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • Evil Biome (The Corruption • The Crimson) • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Jungle Sanctum • Ruined House|