Space is a layer appearing at the top of the world: ~950 feet and above for large worlds, ~700 for medium worlds, and ~425 for small worlds. Gravity is decreased in Space, which means the player can jump higher, and will fall slower, similar to the Featherfall Potion effect. The sky is dark and stars are visible, even when the Sun is still up. It has its own unique theme music.
As with all high-altitude locations, Harpies will spawn, and in Hardmode, Wyverns. Fallen Stars spawn in this environment and can appear inside structures made at that altitude. Martian Probes have a more likely chance of spawning in space. Monsters such as Slimes and Zombies can also appear in Space, given a viable surface to spawn on.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Reaching Space[edit | edit source]
- Build a pillar of blocks or Rope.
- Consume a Gravitation Potion or use a Gravity Globe.
- Equip Wings, Rocket Boots, a Hoverboard, or other jump-boosting accessories to reach higher altitudes, especially when used from a Floating Island or other tall structures.
- Use an Ice Rod as a mode of ascension, or to use as a way to reset wings' flight time midair.
- Fly up while being a ghost from a deceased hardcore character.
- This does not grant the Into Orbit achievement, at least on the Desktop version.Verify
- Construct a railroad that ascends upwards.
- Use a Mount that flies, like the Bee Mount or the UFO Mount.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: No longer rains in space.
- Desktop 1.2: Now has its own unique music.
- Desktop 1.1:
- When nearing the top of the world, the player will now leave the atmosphere and be less affected by gravity. The sky will also turn dark.
- New enemy: Wyvern
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.