Space is a layer appearing at the top of the world: 980 feet and above for large worlds, ~700 for medium worlds, and ~425 for small worlds. Gravity is decreased in Space, which means the player can jump higher and will fall slower, similar to the Featherfall effect. The sky is dark, and stars are visible, even when the sun is still up.
As with all high-altitude locations, Harpies will spawn when not above the forest, and in Hardmode, Wyverns. Fallen Stars spawn in this environment and can appear inside structures made at that altitude. Martian Probes have a more likely chance of spawning in Space. Monsters such as Slimes and Zombies can also appear in Space, given a viable area to spawn on.
The Forest Pylon can be used in Space.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Reaching Space[edit | edit source]
- Build a pillar of blocks or any type of Rope.
- Consume a Gravitation Potion or use a Gravity Globe.
- Equip wings, Rocket Boots or its upgrades, or other jump-boosting accessories to reach higher altitudes, especially when used from a Floating Island or other tall structures.
- Use an Ice Rod as a mode of ascension, or to use as a way to reset wings' flight time midair.
- Fly up while being a ghost from a deceased hardcore character.
- This does not grant the Into Orbit achievement, on the Desktop.
- Construct a railroad that ascends upwards.
- Use a mount that flies, like the Bee Mount or the UFO Mount.
- Use a Sandgun to put blocks of sand below the player
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On Console version and Mobile version, the Space Night music track will play no matter what time it is, and on the Old-gen console and versions, the Space Day music track will play no matter what time it is.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Old-gen console and version's Space music used to be exclusive to only those versions, but has since been implemented into the Desktop version as the Space Day theme.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: The Forest Pylon can now be used in Space.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced a new Space Day track originating from the Old-gen console version of Terraria. The original 1.2 track now plays at night.
- Desktop 1.3.4: No longer rains in space.
- Desktop 1.2: Now has its own unique music.
- Desktop 1.1:
- When nearing the top of the world, the player will now leave the atmosphere and be less affected by gravity. The sky will also turn dark.
- New enemy: Wyvern
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.