|Knockback||0.75 (Extremely Weak)|
|Mana||7 (0 with Meteor armor)|
|Use time||17 Very Fast|
- Green Laser
The Space Gun is a magic weapon which autofires quick green-colored lasers. Its projectile velocity is as fast as the Megashark, which is faster than any pre-Hardmode bullet-firing gun. Each laser can pierce up to two enemies, and emits moderate light for its entire flight.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite being called a "gun", the Space Gun is a magic weapon and will not cause Arms Dealer to spawn.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Space Gun can pierce two enemies at a time, which makes it quite useful in the pre-Hardmode Dungeon, because of the large quantity of grouped enemies found there.
- Its usefulness soon diminishes after reaching Hardmode, as most enemies have enough defense or health to brush off the attack.
- The Furious, Taboo, Intense, Ignorant, and Inept modifiers will not have any negative effects on mana while the set bonus of Meteor armor is in effect.
- The Space Gun is highly useful for defeating the Wall of Flesh as the lasers can penetrate through The Hungry and have a much better chance at hitting the eyes or mouth. This, paired with Meteor armor, can be one of the easiest ways to defeat it.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Laser Rifle – a beam rifle which behaves similarly and could be considered an upgrade to the Space Gun
- Heat Ray – another magic-based gun, dropped by the Golem in Hardmode.
- Zapinator – a similar item available only on the . version
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 18 to 19.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1.1: Fixed a bug with the lack of sale price and free reforging.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage increased from 16 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 9 to 7.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage increased from 14 to 16.
- Penetration ability reduced to only two enemies.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.