The Space Gun in action.
The Space Gun is a magic weapon that auto-fires quick green-colored lasers. Its projectile velocity is as fast as the Megashark, which is faster than any pre-Hardmode bullet-firing gun. Each laser can pierce up to two enemies, and emits moderate light for its entire flight.
A full set of Meteor Armor has the unique effect of making the Space Gun cost no mana to fire.
It is crafted by combining 20 Meteorite Bars (60 Meteorite ore) at an anvil. A full set of Meteor Armor and the Space Gun cost a total of 65 Meteorite bars to craft (195 meteorite ore).
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Desktop version and Console version[edit | edit source]
Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and 3DS version[edit | edit source]
- Despite being called a "gun", the Space Gun does not fulfill the criteria for the Arms Dealer to spawn.
- The space gun can pierce two enemies at a time, which makes it quite useful in the pre-Hardmode dungeon, because of the large quantity of grouped enemies found there.
- The Space Gun can be very useful pre-Hardmode, but not as useful once you reach Hardmode, as most enemies have enough defense or health to brush off the attack.
- Unsurprisingly, the Furious, Taboo, Intense, Ignorant, and Inept Modifiers will not have any negative effects on Mana while the set bonus of Meteor Armor is in effect.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Fixed a bug with the lack of sale price and free reforging.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage increased from 16 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 9 to 8.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage increased from 14 to 16.
- Penetration ability reduced to only two enemies.