Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|Knockback||0.75 (Extremely weak)|
|Mana||7 (0 with Meteor armor)|
|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
- Green Laser
The Space Gun is a magic weapon which autofires quick green-colored lasers. Its projectile velocity is as fast as the Megashark. Each laser can hit up to three enemies, and emits moderate light as it moves.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Space Gun can pierce two enemies at a time, which makes it quite useful in the pre-Hardmode Dungeon, because of the large quantity of grouped enemies found there.
- Its usefulness soon diminishes after reaching Hardmode, as most enemies are too tough to the extent it becomes ineffective.
- The Furious, Taboo, Intense, Ignorant, and Inept modifiers will not have any negative effects on mana while the set bonus of Meteor armor is in effect.
- The Space Gun is highly useful for defeating the Wall of Flesh as the lasers can penetrate through The Hungry and have a much better chance at hitting the eyes or mouth. This, paired with Meteor armor, can be one of the easiest ways to defeat it.
- With Meteor Armor, the Space Gun does not take mana to cast. This can be utilized to buy time for mana to regenerate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being called a "gun", the Space Gun is a magic weapon.
- During a Blood Moon, the Space Gun's projectiles are yellow rather than their normal green color, due to the general color changes a Blood Moon causes.
- The Space Gun appears to be based on a raygun.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Laser Rifle – a magic weapon which behaves similarly and could be considered an upgrade to the Space Gun
- Heat Ray – a precise, high damage autofiring magic weapon that shoots lasers
- Zapinator – a similar item available only on the version
- Gray Zapinator and Orange Zapinator - similar items available only on the Desktop version
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage increased from 18 to 19.
- Knockback increased from 0.5 to 0.75.
- Use time reduced from 18 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 8 to 7.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1.1: Fixed a bug with the lack of sale price and free reforging.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage increased from 16 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 9 to 8.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage increased from 14 to 16.
- Penetration ability reduced to only two enemies.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.