The Space Gun in action.
The Space Gun is a magic weapon that auto-fires quick green-colored lasers. Its projectile velocity is as fast as the Megashark, which is faster than any pre-Hardmode bullet-firing gun. Each laser can pierce up to two enemies, and emits moderate light for its entire flight.
A full set of Meteor Armor has the unique effect of making the Space Gun cost no mana to fire.
It is crafted by combining 20 Meteorite Bars (60 Meteorite ore) at an anvil. A full set of Meteor Armor and the Space Gun cost a total of 65 Meteorite bars to craft (195 meteorite ore).
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Console and Mobile Versions[edit | edit source]
- Despite being called a "gun", the Space Gun does not fulfill the criteria for the Arms Dealer to spawn.
- The space gun can pierce two enemies at a time, which makes it quite useful in the pre-Hardmode dungeon, because of the large quantity of grouped enemies found there.
- The Space Gun can be very useful pre-Hardmode, but not as useful once you reach Hardmode, as most enemies have enough defense or health to brush off the attack.
- Unsurprisingly, the Furious, Taboo, Intense, Ignorant, and Inept Modifiers will not have any negative effects on Mana while the set bonus of Meteor Armor is in effect.
- Laser Rifle - a beam rifle that behaves similarly to the space gun
- Heat Ray - another magic-based gun dropped by the Golem in Hardmode.
- Zapinator - a removed, similar item available only in the version.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 18 to 19.
- Recipe no longer requires the Flintlock Pistol.
- Fallen Star requirement reduced from 10 to 2.
- Damage increased from 17 to 18.
- Use time reduced from 18 to 17.
- 1.1.1: Fixed a bug with the lack of sale price and free reforging.
- Damage increased from 16 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 9 to 8.
- Damage increased from 14 to 16.
- Penetration ability reduced to only two enemies.