The World Spawn Point is where players appear in a newly created world or when joining a multiplayer server. The world's spawn point will be on a surface within five blocks of the horizontal middle of the world. It will almost always be located in either the Forest biome or the Snow biome, as more hazardous biomes cannot appear at the world's center.
A player's Spawn Point is initially the world spawn point, but can be changed by crafting a Bed, placing it in a house and pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button on it. The spawn point is where players respawn after dying, and where a Magic/Ice Mirror or Recall Potion will teleport them. Once the house the bed is in is broken or ⚷ Open / Activate on the bed is pressed a second time, the player's spawn point reverts back to the world's initial spawn point.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any blocks at the original spawn point, including all liquids and platforms are broken so the player can spawn correctly. Filled storage items and their supporting tiles will not be destroyed, causing the player to instead spawn inside tiles in this case.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It might be useful to build a shelter over the world spawn point so that the player is provided a minimum of safety if they happen to respawn at the world spawn point, like when the set spawn point is inadvertently reverted back to the initial world spawn point. Similarly, it should be avoided to dig directly underneath the world spawn point, as players respawning there will inevitably fall down.
- It is possible, though extremely rare, for the player to spawn on a Floating Island. If the player's spawn point does happen to be on a Floating Island, it is highly advisable to use the available blocks to create a staircase to the ground.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: It is now much more likely that you will spawn on a flat clean surface when creating a new world.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: If you place a bed somewhere that would cause you to not spawn without breaking through blocks you will now get a message when trying to set your spawn point letting you know the bed is not in a suitable position.
- Desktop 1.0.1: Spawning no longer destroys chests that are placed on ground that is removed due to spawn point clearing.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.