Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|Use time||31 (Slow)|
For the weapon type, see Spears.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Out of all the spears, it is tied with the Obsidian Swordfish and Tonbogiri for dealing the third most knockback (beaten by the Ghastly Glaive and North Pole).
- While stationary, it can hit a Zombie twice, and while walking towards it, three times — at 10-15 damage per stab, compared to just 4 damage with a Wooden Sword.
- It can hold back multiple Eaters of Souls or Crimera at once, and can be useful when traveling through the Corruption or the Crimson.
- It is useful in early-game for the first enemies that are encountered like Demon Eyes, since it can hold them back with knockback. Opening a door or standing by an entrance while using it can hold back Zombies and Demon Eyes, and can be useful surviving the first few nights before getting better weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It cannot be obtained from Wooden Crates, despite the fact that many other similarly rare items found in Wooden Chests can.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.