A Spear Trap is a type of trap that you can find in the Jungle Temple after beating Plantera, they are quite common and can be rotated by a hammer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If two spears hit the same player or creature at the same time, the victim only takes damage once, due to the immunity time of the first spear.
- Damage is doubled against players.
- The Spear Trap has a maximum range of 19.5 blocks.
- In singleplayer, Spear Traps inflict the Frostburn debuff if the player wears Frost armor.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rarely, Spear Traps will spawn outside the temple and can be harvested. They work well against the goblin army or, in some cases, the pirate invasion or blood moon.
- They are good for battle arenas.
- When Actuated, these can be used as a very efficient way to kill off bosses, or clear waves in events like Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon, easily.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where traps could critically hit.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer shoots the retracting spear head upwards like a projectile if the trap is in inactive state (by the means of an Actuator).
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a graphical bug with Spear Traps.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.