We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns on Pearlstone or Pearlsand in the Cavern layer. It runs around and teleports quickly, attempting to damage the player by making contact. It will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from its target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide. It will not teleport into lava, though it can easily fall into it after teleporting.
The Old-gen console version and also feature the exclusive Spectral Elemental variant. version
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink after-image.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chaos Elementals will only spawn on top of Pearlstone or Pearlsand Blocks. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Hallowed biome.
- Chaos Elementals will be prevented from spawning if the player is in front of player placed background walls.
- Though the Chaos Elementals are immune to the On Fire! debuff, they will still take damage from lava.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer spawns in the Underground Hallow if the world is not in Hardmode.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Spectral Elemental. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Spectral Elemental. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Removed Spectral Elemental.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.