The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns on pearlstone or pearlsand in the cavern layer. It runs around and teleports quickly and chaotically (hence the name), attempting to damage the player by making contact. It will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from its target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide. It will not teleport into lava, though it can easily fall into it after teleporting. Chaos Elementals are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, On Fire!, Shadowflame, and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink after-image.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chaos Elementals will not spawn if the player is standing in front of housing Walls.
- Chaos Elementals will only spawn on top of Pearlstone or Pearlsand Blocks. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Hallowed biome.
- On the Mobile version, Chaos Elementals are able to drop a Rainbow Rod with an approximately 1 out of 10 chance. Therefore, it is possible to obtain the Rainbow Rod before defeating The Twins or any Hardmode Boss for that matter.
- Chaos Elementals are substantially rarer on the Mobile version, making obtaining Rods of Discord difficult.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer spawns in the Underground Hallow if the world is not in Hardmode.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.