|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 3 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Buff tooltip||Increased damage and defense from the following: [enemy name(s)]|
|Internal Buff ID: 147|
|Internal Tile ID: 91|
- This article is about functional enemy-dropped Banners. For decorative Banners, see Banners (decorative).
On the Desktop version and Console version, when placed, enemy Banners provide a buff to players within a 50-tile radius. The buff grants players +50%/+100% damage inflicted with all weapons to the corresponding enemy and -25%/-50% damage taken from melee attacks against the enemy.
Multiple Banners of the same type will not grant stacked buffs. Multiple different banner types in the vicinity will however all take effect, and consolidate into a single buff icon.
- On the Desktop version and Console version, an enemy Banner automatically appears in the player's inventory on every 50th kill of that enemy in a particular world.
- On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , any enemy Banner has a 1/200 (0.5%) chance of dropping from its corresponding enemy. version
- Banners dropped by enemies from the Old One's Army are purely decorative and do not grant a buff. The number of kills required to get a banner from this event depends on the enemy's frequency: common enemies need a higher number of kills.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Event[edit | edit source]
Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and 3DS version variants[edit | edit source]
|Old-gen console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This section's information applies only to the Old-gen console, Mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
| Albino Antlion Banner
Internal Item ID: 5037 / PS3 3536
| Arch Demon Banner
Internal Item ID: 5046 / PS3 3545
| Dragon Snatcher Banner
Internal Item ID: 5044 / PS3 3543
| Orca Banner
Internal Item ID: 5038 / PS3 3537
| Vampire Miner Banner|
Internal Item ID: 5039 / PS3 3538
| Arch Wyvern Banner
Internal Item ID: 5045 / PS3 3544
| Shadow Hammer Banner
Internal Item ID: 5040 / PS3 3539
| Shadow Mummy Banner
Internal Item ID: 5041 / PS3 3540
| Spectral Elemental Banner
Internal Item ID: 5043 / PS3 3542
| Spectral Gastropod Banner|
Internal Item ID: 5042 / PS3 3541
The item(s) or effects described in this section exist as functional game items, but cannot be acquired through normal gameplay.
| Blue Cultist Caster Banner
Internal Item ID: 2902
| Blue Cultist Fighter Banner
Internal Item ID: 2903
| White Cultist Archer Banner
Internal Item ID: 2989
| White Cultist Caster Banner
Internal Item ID: 2990
| White Cultist Fighter Banner|
Internal Item ID: 2991
| Poisonous Spore Banner
Internal Item ID: 3404
| Severed Hand Banner
Internal Item ID: 3398
| Small Star Cell Banner|
Internal Item ID: 3424
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If your inventory is full when you get a banner, it will drop beside you.
- Bosses don't have banners. Instead, they have Trophies. These do not however grant any buffs.
- If an NPC lands the killing blow on an enemy that would have dropped a banner, the last player to hit the enemy receives the banner.
- The effective range of the buffs from banners is based on the center of your view, not where your character is positioned. This can be proved by using Binoculars and Sniper Scope.
- Banners can be hung off platforms which are in their bottom position (after being struck three times with a hammer).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each banner may be placed in a right- or left-facing orientation, but this is decided by which tile column in the world the banner is placed. Placing it one block to the left or right will flip the orientation.
- The left half of the Nymph Banner is of the Lost Girl "NPC", while the right half is the Nymph monster.
- The Martian Probe, Dungeon Guardian, Crimtane Bunny, Crimtane Goldfish, and Vicious Penguin have no banners.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5:
- Updated graphics for Ice Bat, Lava Bat, and Giant Flying Fox banners.
- Fixed inconsistent naming for Sand Poacher and Granite Golem banners.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Fixed Crawltipede Banner not being obtainable.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Banners are now given to the player landing the last hit on the enemy instead of the nearest player.
- Skeleton Mage Banner and Spider Banner have been renamed to accurately reflect against which enemies they will buff you in combat. (Now named Dark Caster Banner and Wall Creeper Banner.)
- Enemies should no longer count towards tally counters / banners if no player has touched them before they died (i.e. random enemy deaths by lava pool no longer count).
- Fixed banners not applying to melee hits (swords, flails, axes, pickaxes, etc)
- Fixed certain banners turning into other banners when placed in multiplayer.
- Fixed a large multitude of variation NPCs not dropping their banners / counting tally.
- Fixed Goblin Archer not counting tally / dropping his banner.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Banners are no longer dropped with a 0.5% chance, but instead drop every 50th kill of an enemy. The banner is then placed into the inventory of the player that killed it without the need to pick it up.
- Enemy Banners now empower players nearby when facing the same enemy displayed on the banner. You get increased damage and defense.
- Added many new banners including Lava Bat Banner, Jungle Bat Banner, Lava Slime Banner and many more.
- Console 1.02: Added 10 new banners, each dropped by console/mobile-exclusive enemies.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced 87 new banners, each dropped by enemies.