From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Spectral Gastropod)
|Environment||The Hallow – Surface|
|AI Type||Hovering AI|
|Damage|| 50 / 100 (ranged attack)|
60 / 120 (melee)
|Max Life||220 / 440|
|KB Resist||20% / 28%|
|Internal NPC ID: 122|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- water to chase the player, and can continue flying and firing while submerged.
- Gastropod lasers will keep traveling as long as they are in sight.
- Striking the Gastropod while it is preparing its laser will interrupt the attack and prevent it from firing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Newer Hardmode players may want to avoid the Hallow's surface at night entirely, as Gastropods fire frequently, spawn often, and their lasers are difficult to dodge -- especially when more than one Gastropod is on the screen (which there usually is).
- Gastropods drop much more Gel than any other Slime (with the exception of King Slime), making them useful for gathering Flamethrower ammo. Killing Gastropods with one is fast and will yield more Gel than the Flamethrower consumes.
- The Bee Gun and similar weapons are effective at preventing Gastropods from firing, as its bees can attack continuously, leaving no pause for Gastropods to fire.
- Equipping Royal Gel will make you immune to Gastropods entirely.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gastropods are a class of mollusk that includes snails and slugs.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Slimes |
|• ( ) • • • • • • • ( ) • ( ) • • • ( • ) • • • ( )|