- Not to be confused with Spectre armor.
Spectral armor is a top-tier Hardmode ( ) magic armor set. It consists of the Spectral Headgear, Spectral Armor, and Spectral Subligar.
On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , a full set grants 40 defense, 150 increased maximum mana, 30% increased magical damage, 33% reduced mana use, 10% increased movement speed, and 25% increased magical critical strike chance, but on the version Console version, the set is vanity.
Each separate piece of Spectral armor has an 11% chance to be dropped by Ocram, or can otherwise be crafted. On the Console version, the set can only be occasionally sold by the Traveling Merchant.
- The Spectral Subligar is the only item in the game to increase a player's Mana by an amount not divisible by 20. (This was changed as of the 1.2 Console update.)
- Currently, the Spectral set is tied with the Diamond Robe + Magic Hat in maximum mana increase.
- The Spectral armor's shirt is called Spectral Armor, which can lead to some confusion when discussing the armor with other players. Magic armor sets usually have a breastplate or robe for the shirt slot.
- Wearing the Spectral Headgear, the Diamond Robe and the Spectral Subligar can increase your maximum mana by 230, the highest known amount.
- Console 1.09: Spectral armor can now be crafted with Titanium.
- Console 1.02:
- Crafting requirements (of Souls) reduced. Old recipes: Headgear needed 20 Souls of Blight, Armor and Subligar needed 20 Souls of Blight and Fright.
- Updated sprite. The old sprites were a recolored Mythril Hood, Robe and Plumber's Pants sprites: .