|Defense|| 42 (with mask)|
30 (with hood)
|Set Bonus|| Mask: Magic damage done will damage extra nearby enemies |
Hood: Magic damage done to enemies heals the player with the lowest health
- Not to be confused with Spectral armor.
Spectre Armor is a Hardmode, post-Plantera armor set that offers magic weapon boosts. Wearing a full set causes small white orbs to manifest whenever the player hits an enemy with a magic weapon. What these orbs do depends on the headpiece option chosen. The Spectre Mask causes the orbs to act as homing projectiles, while the Spectre Hood causes the orbs to travel to a player, healing them.
Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Spectre Bars (27 Ectoplasm and 54 Chlorophyte Bars (324 Chlorophyte Ore)). The full set with both headpieces requires 66 Spectre Bars (33 Ectoplasm and 66 Chlorophyte Bars (396 Chlorophyte Ore)).
Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Chlorophyte Bars (324 Chlorophyte Ore) and 54 Ectoplasm. The full set with both headpieces requires 66 Chlorophyte Bars (396 Chlorophyte Ore) and 66 Ectoplasm.
- Homing orbs (set bonus): Dealing magic damage spawns orb projectiles on impact that home in on nearby enemies, or the same enemy. Orb damage is 1/2 the damage dealt by the magic weapon fired, before it's doubled by a critical hit. (if a critical deals 200 damage, the orb will have 50 base damage)
- Maximum mana boosted +60
- Mana usage reduced -13%
- Magic damage and critical chance boosted +5%
- Life steal orbs (set bonus): Magic damage dealt by the player spawns healing orbs that fly to the player, restoring health by 20% of damage done (dealing 50 magic damage heals 10 health). In team multiplayer, the player with the lowest health is healed instead.
- All magic damage dealt by the player is reduced by 40%.
- All magic damage dealt by the player is increased by 10%.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an attack doesn't do at least 3 damage while the Mask is equipped, a damaging orb will not appear.
- If an attack doesn't do at least 5 damage while the Hood is equipped, a healing orb will not appear.
- While the Hood is equipped, hitting the same target repeatedly will yield less healing after a short time. This makes the healing far less effective against bosses and other tough enemies. One can still heal the normal amount by switching targets.
- Wearing the full set with either helmet makes the player translucent. Also, if the player is riding a Minecart, it will also appear translucent.
- As the rest of the Spectre armor grants a total of 15% increased damage, the total effect of wearing the Hood is only a 25% magic damage reduction.
- Dyes aren't as visible on a full set of Spectre armor as they are on other armor sets, because the Spectre armor makes the player semi-transparent.
- Spectre armor with the hood can be useless against the Moon Lord, due to his Moon bite debuff, which disables item healing.
- On the Mobile and versions, the Spectre Hood has its old statistics, which increase magic damage, rather than lower it, and still heals health by 8% of damage, instead of 20% Potentially with Last Prism, best magic accessories and buffs and a good damage roll the hood over a boss with 0 defense will be able to heal 3000 health/second or 50 health/tick, being able to refill the life of a life force potion-buffed base 500 health player in about 1/5 of a second.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One of the most efficent ways to play with this armor is by owning both Hood and Mask and switching between them, depending on the situation. This way player will be able to both keep themselves alive and deal continuous high damage.
- A full set with the Spectre Armor with Hood equipped is better off with the Magic Cuffs or Celestial Cuffs and a Razorpine as a weapon from the Everscream. The Razorpine dealing continuous damage while healed by the set, having your mana restored by the Cuffs will end up in a neverending rain of thorns!
- Casting long-lasting, multi-hit spells, such as the Nimbus Rod, Rainbow Gun, or Magnet Sphere, is a great way to make effortless use of the set bonuses.
- The combined effects of Mana Sickness and the Spectre Hood's damage reduction will render many magic weapons too weak to be effective, so players should find an alternate means of restoring mana. Magic Cuffs are surprisingly effective as it capitalizes on any damage taken.
- A good idea for boss fights/events is to make a "healing station" via the set bonus from the Spectre Hood. To create one, place a few statues in a pool of lava. Wire a 1 second timer to the statues and put two Nimbus Clouds above the spawned mobs, dealing damage and generating life steal orbs. The lava will destroy any drops to clear out the item drop limit, and the healing will compensate for the 30 defense.
- By equipping enough accessories that boost magic damage (such as a Sorcerer Emblem, Celestial Emblem, and Celestial Stone) it is possible to stack up enough damage increases to completely negate the Spectre Hoods 40% reduction in magic damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Spectre" is another word for ghost or spirit.
- The female version of the armor, along with having different textures, is slightly more blue than the male version, most notably in the eyes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Spectre Set with Hood no longer heals with the Moon Bite debuff enabled.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now requires Spectre Bars instead of Ectoplasm and Chlorophyte Bars.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Spectre Hood no longer increases mana usage.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Spectre Mask introduced.
- Spectre Hood now reduces damage by 40% and increases mana usage by 20%.
- Life-steal ratio of the Spectre Hood set increased from 8% to 20%.
- Increased defense of existing pieces:
- Spectre Hood defense increased from 4 to 6.
- Spectre Robe defense increased from 12 to 14.
- Spectre Pants defense increased to from 8 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2.2:
- Healing capped at 2 hearts per second.
- Flame traps no longer trigger the set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2.1:
- Life-steal ratio of the set bonus reduced from 10% to 8%.
- Added requirement of Chlorophyte Bars to craft.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Reduced defense:
- Spectre Hood defense decreased from 6 to 4.
- Spectre Robe defense decreased from 14 to 12.
- Spectre Pants defense decreased from 11 to 8.
- Traps no longer trigger Spectre Armor.
- Spectre Armor does less healing each time the same projectile deals damage.
- Reduced defense:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the spectre set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.09: Fixed the Spectre Mask not having a set bonus.
- Console 1.08: Added Spectre Mask.