|Defense||(set): 30 / : 42|
|Set Bonus|| : Magic damage done to enemies heals the player with lowest health|
: Magic damage done will hurt extra nearby enemies
- Not to be confused with Spectral armor.
Spectre Armor is a Hardmode, post-Plantera armor set that offers magic weapon boosts. The set consists of the Spectre Robe and Spectre Pants, with either the Spectre Hood or Spectre Mask headpiece. Wearing a full set causes small white orbs to manifest whenever the player hits an enemy with a magic weapon. What these orbs do depends on the headpiece option chosen. The Spectre Mask causes the orbs to act as homing projectiles, while the Spectre Hood causes the orbs to travel to a player, healing them.
Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Spectre Bars (27 Ectoplasm and 54 Chlorophyte Bars (324 Chlorophyte Ore)). The full set with both headpieces requires 66 Spectre Bars (33 Ectoplasm and 66 Chlorophyte Bars (396 Chlorophyte Ore)).
Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Chlorophyte Bars (324 Chlorophyte Ore) and 54 Ectoplasm. The full set with both headpieces requires 66 Chlorophyte Bars (396 Chlorophyte Ore) and 66 Ectoplasm.
Spectre Mask :
- Homing orbs (set bonus): Dealing magic damage spawns orb projectiles on impact that home in on nearby enemies, or the same enemy. Orb damage is 1/2 the damage dealt by the magic weapon fired, before it is doubled by a critical hit. (if a critical hit deals 200 damage, the orb will have 50 base damage)
- Maximum mana boosted +60
- Mana usage reduced -13%
- Magic damage and critical chance boosted +5%
- Life steal orbs (set bonus): Magic damage dealt by the player spawns healing orbs that fly to the player, restoring health by 20% of damage done (dealing 50 magic damage heals 10 health). In team multiplayer, the player with the lowest health is healed instead.
- All magic damage dealt by the player is decreased by 40%.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an attack does not do at least 3 damage while the Mask is equipped, a damaging orb will not appear.
- If an attack does not do at least 5 damage while the Hood is equipped, a healing orb will not appear.
- If one projectile hits enemy repeatedly, the healing amount from this projectile will decrease. In fact, one projectile gives 20% healing amount on its first hit, 15% on the second, 10% on the third and 5% on the fourth, then none.Verify
- After stable, the healing speed is capped at 36/30 health per second.Verify
- After stable, the damage by the damaging orb is capped at 150 damage per second.Verify
- Wearing the full set with either helmet makes the player translucent. Also, if the player is riding a Minecart, it will also appear translucent.
- As the rest of the Spectre armor grants a total of 15% increased damage, the total effect of wearing the Hood is only a 25% magic damage reduction.
- Dyes are not as visible on a full set of Spectre armor as they are on other armor sets, because the Spectre armor makes the player translucent.
- Spectre armor with the Hood is widely considered useless against the Moon Lord, whose Moon bite debuff disables lifesteal effects, unless one moves far enough to avoid his tongue to latch on. However, such strategy is usually ineffective since Moon Lord can teleport to the player if they move too far from him.
- On the , the Spectre Hood has its old statistics, which increases magic damage and heals by 8% of damage dealt.
- In that case if an attack does not deal at least 13 damage it can't heal the player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One of the most efficient ways to play with this armor is by owning both Hood and Mask and switching between them, depending on the situation. This way the player will be able to both keep themselves alive and deal continuous high damage.
- Casting long-lasting, multi-hit spells, such as the Nimbus Rod, Rainbow Gun, or Magnet Sphere, is a great way to make effortless use of the set bonuses.
- The combined effects of Mana Sickness and the Spectre Hood's damage reduction will render many magic weapons too weak to be effective, so players should find an alternate means of restoring mana.
- Magic Cuffs or Celestial Cuffs synergize well with the Spectre Hood as they capitalize on any damage taken; with a highly-damaging weapon like the Razorpine, it is possible to maintain both health and mana at comfortable levels.
- A good idea for boss fights/events is to make a "healing station" via the set bonus from the Spectre Hood. To create one, place a few statues in a pool of lava. Wire a 1 second timer to the statues and put two Nimbus Clouds above the spawned enemies, dealing damage and generating healing orbs. The lava will destroy any drops to clear out the item drop limit, and the healing will compensate for the 30 defense.
- By equipping enough accessories that boost magic damage (such as a Sorcerer Emblem, Celestial Emblem, and Celestial Stone) it is possible to stack up enough damage increases to completely negate the Spectre Hood's 40% reduction in magic damage.
- A Magic Power Potion alone will negate all but 5% of the reduction to magic damage when using a full set with the Hood, causing greater damage and thus greater healing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Spectre Hood is the only armor that decrease player's stats.
- "Ectoplasm, required to make them (or spectre bars), is dropped by Dungeon Spirits.
" is another word for "ghost" or "spirit", alluding to the fact that the
- Although Re-Logic is based in the United States, "spectre" is the British spelling of the word, with the American spelling being "specter".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Spectre Set with Hood no longer heals with the Moon Bite debuff enabled.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now requires Spectre Bars instead of Ectoplasm and Chlorophyte Bars.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Spectre Hood no longer increases mana usage.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Spectre Mask introduced.
- Spectre Hood now reduces damage by 40% and increases mana usage by 20%.
- Life-steal ratio of the Spectre Hood set increased from 8% to 20%.
- Increased defense of existing pieces:
- Spectre Hood defense increased from 4 to 6.
- Spectre Robe defense increased from 12 to 14.
- Spectre Pants defense increased to from 8 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2.2:
- Healing capped at 2 hearts per second.
- Flame traps no longer trigger the set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2.1:
- Life-steal ratio of the set bonus reduced from 10% to 8%.
- Added requirement of Chlorophyte Bars to craft.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Reduced defense:
- Spectre Hood defense decreased from 6 to 4.
- Spectre Robe defense decreased from 14 to 12.
- Spectre Pants defense decreased from 11 to 8.
- Traps no longer trigger Spectre armor.
- Spectre Armor does less healing each time the same projectile deals damage.
- Reduced defense:
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the Spectre set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.09: Fixed the Spectre Mask not having a set bonus.
- Console 1.08: Added Spectre Mask.