|Damage||72 / 68 Magic|
|Use time||23 Fast|
The Spectre Staff is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that fires a fast-moving white "lost soul" projectile that homes in on the nearest enemy. The projectile looks similar to the one fired by the Ragged Caster, but cannot travel through blocks. It has a 5% / 7.5% (1/20 / 3/40) chance to drop from Ragged Casters found in Dungeons with a Slabbed Dungeon Brick Wall type after Plantera has been defeated.
Like all weapons with homing projectiles, the Spectre Staff's projectiles do not home in on other players in PvP.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: FPS drop on multiplayer related to this weapon fixed, according to release notes.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 68 to 72.
- Drop chance increased from 2.5% to 5%.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Mana cost decreased from 14 to 11.
- Fixed bug where Spectre Staff was trying to chase a Wyvern off the top of the map.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.