|Damage||65 / 72 / 68 (Magic)|
|Mana||15 / 11|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a lost soul to chase your foes|
- Lost Soul (friendly)
The Spectre Staff is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that fires a fast-moving white "lost soul" projectile which homes in on the nearest enemy. The projectile looks similar to the one fired by the Ragged Caster, but cannot travel through blocks. It has a
5*1/20 (5%) / 7.38*59/800 (7.38%) chance to drop from Ragged Casters found in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
Like all weapons with homing projectiles, the Spectre Staff's projectiles do not home in on other players in PvP.
In addition, as of the 126.96.36.199 update, it was made to have three additional pierces.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage decreased from 72 to 65.
- Each projectile can now hit up to 3 times, rather than only once.
- Mana cost increased from 11 to 15.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed FPS drop on multiplayer related to this weapon.
- Fixed frame drops related to Spectre Staff shots.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 68 to 72.
- Drop chance increased from 2.5% to 5%.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Mana cost decreased from 14 to 11.
- Fixed bug where Spectre Staff was trying to chase a Wyvern off the top of the map.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.