We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Use time||16 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shows the location of treasure and ore|
|Buff duration||5 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Shows the location of treasure and ore|
|Internal Item ID: 296|
|Internal Buff ID: 9|
The Spelunker Potion is a buff potion that grants the Spelunker buff when consumed, which illuminates valuable nearby objects. The highlight color varies between versions Verify. The buff lasts for five minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the buff icon.
On the Console version, The highlight color varies between objects.
The Spelunker buff illuminates the following objects:
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Desktop ore colors[edit | edit source]
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
In the Desktop version, ore (and other treasures) will be displayed with a yellow tint. This will somewhat alter the natural color of the highlighted treasure, such as making Cobalt turquoise and Orichalcum red. Some ores are not affected, these being Crimtane (unlike its counterpart Demonite), Meteorite, Obsidian, and Hellstone. Meteorite does however provide its own light.
Console ore colors[edit | edit source]
|Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the console version of Terraria.|
In the console version, every type of ore will be displayed in a specific color and will glow and flash:
- Copper Ore has a reddish tone.
- Iron Ore is red and blue, flashing.
- Silver Ore has a blue shade.
- Gold Ore looks like copper, but with a slight yellow tint.
- Demonite Ore is very hard to distinguish from silver. Since it always gives off a glow, Spelunker is not needed to search for it.
- Cobalt Ore is an intense blue, making it very distinct.
- Mythril Ore looks like silver, only the texture is slightly different and has a hint of green.
- Adamantite Ore is like copper but darker and more red.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spelunker Potions are best used while playing in high display resolutions.
- The effect of spelunker potions is similar to that of the Spelunker Glowstick, but with the advantage of being able to mine and perform other actions at the same time.
- The sparkling effect seems to be greatest with Lighting setting: Retro.
- The map displays ores very distinctly, making Spelunker Potions almost obsolete.
- It is good for finding rarer ores in Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Spelunker no longer gives off light. This prevents ore from showing up on the map.
- Spelunker now causes ore to be gold colored on the screen.
- 1.2: Displays new treasure and has a Platinum Ore version of the recipe.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.