Spider Nests are mini-Biomes located in the Cavern, noted by the black background Wall and the numerous Cobwebs filling the area. The Cobwebs rapidly grow back, which is a unique feature of the biome. Spider Nests can rarely contain Web Covered Chests, which they may generate with during world creation. The bound Stylist NPC can spawn here.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From Black Recluses:
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Jeepers Creepers • "Stumble into a spider cavern in the underground."|
|Enter your first underground Spider Nest.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spider and Cobweb spawning properties of the Biome are a result of the special Wall tile present. Removing all the Wall tiles with a Hammer will effectively remove the Biome.
- While the Cobweb here is infinite, not every one that you destroy drops a Cobweb item; rather, only 1/4 will drop Cobwebs (25% chance).
- Rarely, the corpse of a dead human can be found, covered in webs. It can be destroyed with a pickaxe.
- Spider Caves seem to be more common near a Mushroom Biome. Verify
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dangersense Potion can be useful in locating Spider Nests, because the Cobwebs inside sparkle in a unique pattern.
- Creating three-block high diagonal tunnels into a Spider Nest using a Hammer to slope the floor and ceiling will prohibit spiders from exiting (or entering, if they spawn outside), but not the player, this can be a good tactic to trap and easily kill spiders. Similarly, spiders can not fit into two-block wide vertical tunnels, and can be used the same way.
- May be conducive to farming, as when the player and all possible enemy spawn points are within Spider Walls, only one enemy type (spiders — Wall Creeper/Black Recluse) will spawn.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: The Stylist NPC can now be found within Spider Nests.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Biomes and Structures|
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • Evil Biome (The Corruption • The Crimson) • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Dungeon • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Mini-Biomes||Bee Hive • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Meteorite • Spider Nest|
|Structures and Other Biomes||Chasm • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Heart Shrine • Jungle Shrine/Jungle Sanctum • Living Tree (Living Mahogany Tree ) • Pyramid • Ruined House • Underground Cabin|