Spider Caves, also known as Spider Caverns, are mini-biomes located in the Cavern layer. They feature distinct black Background walls and there are numerous Cobwebs filling the area. The Cobwebs rapidly grow back, which is a unique feature of the biome. Spider Caves can rarely contain Web Covered Chests, which they may generate with during world creation. The bound Stylist NPC can spawn here.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spider- and Cobweb-spawning properties of the biome are a result of the special wall tile present. Removing all the wall tiles with a hammer will effectively remove the biome.
- Another unique property of the background wall type is the reduced chance of dropping Cobwebs. Instead of every Cobweb destroyed dropping one Cobweb item, only 1/4th (25%) of Cobwebs in front of this background wall will drop a Cobweb item.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dangersense Potion can be useful in locating Spider Caves, because the Cobwebs inside sparkle in a unique pattern.
- Creating three-block-high diagonal tunnels into a Spider Cave using a hammer to slope the floor and ceiling will prohibit spiders from exiting (or entering, if they spawn outside), but not the player. This can be a good tactic to trap and easily kill spiders. Similarly, spiders can not fit into two-block-wide vertical tunnels and can be used the same way.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The biome features unique background objects, such as a human corpse covered in webs.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: The Stylist NPC can now be found within Spider Caves.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.