Spikes are a type of Trap found in the Dungeon. They deal 40 damage to player characters on contact, but do not damage Enemies and NPCs. Spikes can be freed by using a Pickaxe, Drill, or an Explosive and can then be placed for use as a PvP barricade or aesthetic purposes.
- They turn bright red with the Dangersense Buff.
- Spikes will deal damage to players no matter which part they are in contact with.
- Spikes deal 40 damage in both Expert and Normal mode. Since defense in Expert mode is more efficient, you will always receive less damage from Spikes than in Normal mode.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.