Spikes are a type of trap block that deal 40 / 60 damage to players who come in contact with them. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, players who come in contact with it receives Bleeding debuff for 10 seconds. Found in the Dungeon, they can be broken with a drill, pickaxe, or explosive. This is the only way to obtain them, as they are not craftable.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spikes turn bright red when the Dangersense buff is active.
- Spikes will deal damage to a player if any part of the player is in contact with them.
- Just like Wooden Spikes, Spikes only damage players, and as such are unsuitable for base defense outside of PvP.
- Spikes deal the same base amount of damage in all modes. Since defense is more efficient in Expert and Master Mode, the player will almost always receive less damage from Spikes than in Normal Mode.
- Spikes are valid walls for NPC housing.
- Spikes do not damage enemy NPCs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, spikes were the only pre-Hardmode tile that a Picksaw could not mine in one hit. 126.96.36.199 made them destructible in one hit by any pickaxe above 50% pickaxe power.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|It has been requested that more images be added to this article.|
Specifications: "Sprites prior to 188.8.131.52"
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprites updated. Damage increased from 40 to 60, and now inflicts the Bleeding debuff.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.