Spikes are a type of trap block that deal 40 damage to players who come in contact with it. Found in the Dungeon, they can be broken with a drill, pickaxe, or explosive. This is the only way to obtain them, as they are not craftable.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spikes turn bright red with the Dangersense buff.
- They will deal damage to players no matter which part they are in contact with.
- Spikes deal 40 base damage in both Expert and normal mode. Since defense in Expert mode is more efficient, the player will always receive less damage from Spikes than in normal mode.
- Spikes are valid walls for NPC housing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.