|AI Type||Spike Ball AI|
|Damage||32 / 64|
|Internal NPC ID: 70|
The Spike Ball is an indestructible enemy found in the Dungeon that swings around in a circle from a central pivot point (which also cannot be destroyed), and deals damage to the player on contact. Separate Spike Balls can have differing chain lengths. They spawn and despawn off-screen like any other enemy — if you leave a room and return later, it will have a different configuration of Spike Balls. They only appear in dungeon areas with a Brick Wall.
Note[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Placing a torch at the place where a Spike Ball swings through the floor or walls will allow players to keep track of its path.
- Spike Balls only spawn in areas marked by the Marching Bones Banner.
- The Mechanic (after rescue) and other NPCs will attack Spike Balls.
- Pumpkins from The Horseman's Blade will follow Spike Balls.
- The Leaf Crystal that hovers above the player when wearing Chlorophyte armor fires at Spike Balls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Spike Ball, along with the Blazing Wheel, True Eye of Cthulhu, and the flying Golem Head are the only four invincible enemies in Terraria.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.