|AI Type||Spike Ball AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 70
The Spike Ball is an indestructible enemy found in the Dungeon that swings around in a circle from a central pivot point (which cannot be destroyed either), and deals damage to the player on contact. Separate Spike Balls can have differing chain lengths. They spawn and despawn off-screen like any other enemy – if the player leaves a room and returns later, it will have a different configuration of Spike Balls. They appear in Dungeon areas with a Brick Wall.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Spike Ball's chain deals no damage.
- If the brick the Spike Ball is attached to is destroyed, it will continue to swing in midair, unlike the Snatcher, Dragon Snatcher, and Man Eater.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Placing a torch at the place where a Spike Ball swings through the floor or walls will allow players to keep track of its path.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Since Spike Balls are considered enemies, many effects that usually apply to enemies apply to them as well. Note that none of these deals damage to Spike Balls.
- The Spike Ball, along with the Blazing Wheel, True Eye of Cthulhu, and the flying Golem Head are the only four invincible enemies in Terraria.
- The chain that swings the Spike Ball bounces up and down as it swings.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.