Owl.png Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark. Owl.png

Spiked Ice Slime

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Spiked Ice Slime
Spiked Ice Slime.png
Classic mode icon.png Classic
Expert mode icon.png Expert
Master mode icon.png Master
Statistics
Type
Environment
AI TypeSlime AI
Damage12/2442/3663 (melee)
1836 (ranged)
Max Life60/120264/180396
Defense8/816
KB Resist0%/10%/20%
BannerSpiked Ice Slime BannerSpiked Ice Slime BannerDesktop, Console, and Mobile versions
Immune toVenomPoisoned
Inflicts debuffs
DebuffChilledChilled
Debuff tooltipYour movement speed has been reduced
Chance100%
Duration2040 seconds
DebuffFrozenFrozen
Debuff tooltipYou can't move!
Chance6.67%10.4% chance (melee)
5%9.75% chance (ranged)
Duration12 second(s) (melee)
1.52 or 3 seconds (ranged)
Drops
Coins200*2Pre-Hardmode: 500*5Hardmode: 800*8

Spiked Ice Slimes are a type of slime encountered in the Ice biome that fire Ice SpikeIce Spikes at the player. Both the projectiles and the slime itself always inflict the Chilled debuff and have a chance to inflict the Frozen debuff.

In normal mode, the Spiked Ice Slime only fires one Ice Spike at a time, approximately every 1.5 seconds. In Expert ModeDesktop, Console, and Mobile versions, however, it shoots 6-8 Ice Spikes around itself in a short range.

Just like many other slimes, Spiked Ice Slimes become passive around the player when they have the Royal GelDesktop, Console, and Mobile versions accessory equipped.

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • Old-gen console version3DS version Upon entering Hardmode, Spiked Ice Slimes will stop spawning, making their banner unobtainable.
  • In Expert ModeDesktop, Console, and Mobile versions, the Ice Spikes have an additional 4.75% chance of inflicting the Frozen debuff for 2 seconds. Adding this to the regular 5% chance for 3 seconds, the Ice Spikes have a total chance of 9.75% of inflicting the debuff.

Achievements[edit | edit source]

Achievement Gelatin World Tour.png
Gelatin World Tour • “Defeat every type of slime there is!”
Defeat at least one of every type of slime. Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions
Achievement Slimer.png
Slimer • “You have killed every type of slime!”
Defeat at least one of every type of slime. Old-gen console version

Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • The BestiaryBestiary entry for the Spiked Ice Slime: "This Ice Slime has large ice shards in its mass from excessive exposure to the cold. Somehow, it is able to launch these at its prey."

History[edit | edit source]