Spiked Ice Slime
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Spiked Ice Slime Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
|Chance||6.67%10.4% chance (melee)|
5%9.75% chance (ranged)
|Duration||12 second(s) (melee)|
1.52 or 3 seconds (ranged)
- Item (Quantity)Rate
“This Ice Slime has large ice shards in its mass from excessive exposure to the cold. Somehow, it is able to launch these at its prey.
— The Bestiary
Spiked Ice Slimes are a type of slime encountered in the Ice biome that fire Ice Spikes at the player. Both the projectiles and the slime itself always inflict the Chilled debuff and have a chance to inflict the Frozen debuff.
In normal mode, the Spiked Ice Slime only fires one Ice Spike at a time, approximately every 1.5 seconds. In Expert Mode, however, it shoots 6-8 Ice Spikes around itself in a short range.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon entering Hardmode, Spiked Ice Slimes will stop spawning, making their banner unobtainable.
- In Expert Mode, the Ice Spikes have an additional 4.75% chance of inflicting the Frozen debuff for 2 seconds. Adding this to the regular 5% chance for 3 seconds, the Ice Spikes have a total chance of 9.75% of inflicting the debuff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now spawn in Hardmode at a reduced rate.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.