Spiked Ice Slime
Spiked Ice Slime
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Damage|| 12 / 24 (42) (melee)|
18 / 36 (ranged)
|Max Life||60 / 120 (264)|
|KB Resist||0% / 10%|
|Inflicts debuff||100% chance|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds / 40 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced.|
|Inflicts debuff|| 6.67% chance, 100% refreeze if in Expert mode; else 96% refreeze chance|
(Spike attack if Frozen) 4% chance
|Debuff duration|| 1 second / 2 seconds (Contact)|
1.5 seconds / 1 second (Spike attack if Frozen)
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
|Internal NPC ID: 184|
Spiked Ice Slimes are a type of Slime found in the Underground Snow Biome. It has a slight chance of inflicting the Frozen Debuff on the player and can also inflict the Chilled Debuff. They are immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs.
It uses the basic Slime attack of jumping on players, but if it is too far away or has a clear shot, it will shoot icicles at the player, doing roughly 11-13 damage per hit, at a rate of 1 icicle per 1.5 seconds. It is much like the Spiked Jungle Slime as it can shoot icicles instead of thorns.
In Expert mode, the Spiked Ice Slime will shoot 6-8 icicles around it in a short-range, as opposed to the usual 1. It also has a slightly higher chance of inflicting the Frozen Debuff, making this slime a challenge to fight.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are two spiked slimes, being are the Spiked Ice Slime and the Spiked Jungle Slime, and neither of them are ever found on the Surface. This does not include the Expert mode only slime spawned by King Slime, the Spiked Slime.
- Upon entering Hardmode, the spawn rate for the Spiked Ice Slime appears to drop drastically.
- Spiked Ice Slimes have a unique ability to refreeze the player. If the player is Frozen and is hit by the Ice slime, there is a 96% chance the debuff will reset its one second timer. If the player is in Expert mode, this will always happen.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Slimes |
|• ( ) • • • • • • • ( ) • ( ) • • • ( • ) • • • ( )|