Spikes are a type of Trap found in the Dungeon. They deal 40 damage to player characters on contact, but do not damage Enemies and NPCs. They can be collected by using a Pickaxe or an Explosive. They can then be placed for use as a PvP barricade or aesthetic purposes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They turn bright red with the Dangersense Buff.
- Spikes will deal damage to players no matter which part they are in contact with.
See also[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Spikes are the only Pre-Hardmode tile that a Picksaw cannot mine in one hit.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.