From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Spikes)
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 147|
|Internal Tile ID: 48|
Spikes are a type of trap found in the Dungeon. They deal 40 damage to the player on contact. They can be collected by using a pick or explosives, then placed for use as a PvP barricade or aesthetic purposes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spikes deal no damage to monsters and friendly NPCs.
- Wooden Spikes are Hardmode versions which inflict more damage.
- They turn bright red with the Dangersense buff.
- Spikes will deal damage to players even when the player is not touching the 'pointy' side.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Spikes are the only pre-hardmode tile that a Picksaw cannot destroy in one hit.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Bombs can destroy them.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.