|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Spiky Ball
Do you know why we all carry around these spiked balls? Because I don't.
Spiky Balls are consumable throwing weapons that are primarily used as passive traps, by tossing them to the ground, where enemies who pass over them will take damage up to 6 times (after which the Spiky Balls vanish). If not destroyed, they will automatically vanish in 1 in-game hour (1 minute in real time). They can also be used as throwing weapons, but they have a very short arc and quickly fall to the ground. Spiky Balls are dropped by all Goblins in the Goblin Army, and can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 80 each. The Goblin Tinkerer also uses them to defend himself.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spiky Balls will not harm the player who threw them, nor will they damage NPCs. They will damage other players in PvP matches.
- Once thrown, a Spiky Ball cannot be picked up again.
- Spiky Balls will not pass through platforms (tested in 18.104.22.168)(Not true on console)
- Spike Balls drop so much during the Goblin Invasion event, they can be sold for a lot of gold early game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Useful against groups of enemies, or bosses, if you can get them to charge you through a group of Spiky Balls, or fly/tunnel through them.
- Especially useful against the Eater of Worlds, since all its segments continue emerging from the same point on the ground.
- When wearing Frost armor, Spiky Balls will glow from the Frostburn effect and can serve as makeshift Glowsticks.
- When thrown on the ground they can serve as an immobilizer to any monster without knockback resistance.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Spiky Ball Trap, a trap that fires larger, bouncy versions of this.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Changed from a Ranged weapon to a Throwing weapon.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Sell cost changed from 4 to 16 . Can now be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Damage increased from 12 to 15.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.