|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Spiky Ball
Do you know why we all carry around these spiked balls? Because I don't.
Spiky Balls are consumable throwing weapons that are primarily used as passive traps, by tossing them to the ground, where enemies who pass over them will take damage up to 6 times (after which the Spiky Balls vanish). If not destroyed, they will automatically vanish in 1 in-game hour (1 minute in real time). They can also be used as throwing weapons, but they have a very short arc and quickly fall to the ground. Spiky Balls are dropped by all goblins in the Goblin Army, and can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for
The Goblin Tinkerer uses Spiky Balls to defend himself against nearby enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spiky Balls will not harm the player who threw them, nor will they damage NPCs. They will, however, damage other players in PvP matches.
- Once thrown, a Spiky Ball cannot be picked up again.
- Spiky Balls will not pass through platforms.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Spiky Balls are useful against groups of enemies or bosses (e.g. the Eater of Worlds), especially because they can be set up in advance.
- When wearing Frost armor, Spiky Balls will glow from the Frostburn effect and can serve as makeshift Glowsticks.
- When thrown on the ground, they can serve as an immobilizer to any monster without knockback resistance.
- As Spiky Balls are a very common drop during the Goblin Army event, with each Spiky Ball selling for
16*16 , they are a decent money source early on.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Spiky Ball Trap, a trap that fires larger, bouncy versions of Spiky Balls.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Changed from a Ranged weapon to a Throwing weapon.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Sell cost changed from
4*4 to 16*16 . Can now be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Damage increased from 12 to 15.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.