|Use time||22 Fast|
- Spirit Flame
The Spirit Flame is a Hardmode magic weapon. When used, a small purple flame will appear in a random location around the player and hover in midair. When an enemy comes within range (about 25 tiles), the flames will home in on that enemy. Each flame will cause a small explosion, dealing splash damage. Five flames can be on the screen at the same time, and once a sixth flame is summoned, the first will disappear. The flames dissipate if no target is acquired within three seconds of casting.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all homing attacks, the flames will not home in on other players in multiplayer.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite this weapon's high damage, it can be acquired very early in Hardmode, even prior to defeating any mechanical bosses. All that is required is that the player is able to defeat two Sand Elementals for Forbidden Fragments and farm Desert Spirits for a single Desert Spirit Lamp.
- Combined with a good modifier, accessories, and armor that increases magical damage (e.g. Jungle armor, Sorcerer Emblem), the total damage of this weapon can be increased to and over 100. This can be a considerably overpowered weapon and is very useful when dealing with common Hardmode enemies. It is even possibly viable for fighting against some Hardmode bosses, such as the mechanical bosses.
- The cost to reforge this weapon is quite low, making it easy to acquire a great modifier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The purple flames and the explosions they make are very similar to the Desert Spirit's projectiles, which are what this weapon is based on.
- The Nightglow can be considered to be an indirect upgrade to the Spirit Flame. They both spawn homing magic projectiles around the player, albeit the Nightglow's projectiles are much faster and deal more damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Use Time decreased from 30 to 22.
- Mana Cost decreased from 18 to 14.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.