|Use time||30 Average|
- Spirit Flame
The Spirit Flame is a Hardmode magic weapon. When used, a small purple flame will appear in a random location around the player and will hover in midair. When an enemy comes within range (about 25 tiles), the flames chase the enemy. Each flame will cause a very small explosion, dealing splash damage. Five flames can be on the screen at the same time, and once a sixth flame is summoned, the first will disappear. The flames dissipate if no target is acquired within three seconds of casting.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all homing attacks, the flames will not home in on other players in multiplayer.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite this weapon's high damage, it can be acquired very early in Hardmode (before defeating any mechanical bosses) if the player is able to defeat two Sand Elementals for Forbidden Fragments and farm Desert Spirits for a single Desert Spirit Lamp (note that Desert Spirits only spawn in Underground Corrupt or Crimson Deserts, while Sand Elementals spawn in any kind of desert in Hardmode during Sandstorms). Combined with a good modifier, accessories, and armor that increase magical damage (e.g. Jungle armor, Sorcerer Emblem), the total damage of this weapon can be risen to and over 100. This can be a considerably overpowered weapon and very useful in dealing with Hardmode enemies, and possibly for fighting against Hardmode bosses, such as the mechanical bosses.
- The cost to reforge this weapon is quite low, making it easy to acquire a great modifier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The purple flames and the explosions they make are very similar to the Desert Spirit's projectiles, which are what this weapon is based on.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.