|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Spirit Flame
The Spirit Flame is a Hardmode magic weapon. When used, a small purple flame will appear randomly around the player and hover in midair. When an enemy comes within range (about 25 tiles), the flames will home in on that enemy. Each flame will cause a small explosion, dealing splash damage. Five flames can be on the screen at the same time, and once a sixth flame is summoned, the first will disappear. The flames dissipate if no target is acquired within three seconds of casting.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all homing attacks, the flames will not home in on other players in multiplayer.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite this weapon's high damage, it can be acquired very early in Hardmode, even prior to defeating any mechanical bosses. All that is required is that the player is able to defeat two Sand Elementals for Forbidden Fragments and farm Desert Spirits for a single Desert Spirit Lamp.
- Combined with a good modifier, accessories, and armor that increases magical damage (e.g. Jungle armor, Sorcerer Emblem), the total damage of this weapon can be increased to over 100. This can be a considerably overpowered weapon and is very useful when dealing with common Hardmode enemies. It is somewhat viable for fighting against Hardmode bosses, such as the Mechanical bosses or even Duke Fishron.
- The cost to reforge this weapon is quite low, making it easy to acquire a great modifier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The purple flames and the explosions they make are very similar to the Desert Spirit's projectiles, which are what this weapon is based on.
- The Nightglow can be considered to be an indirect upgrade to the Spirit Flame. They both spawn homing magic projectiles around the player, albeit the Nightglow's projectiles are much faster and and can hit multiple times.
- The dark color may reference how at the end of the Disney film "Aladdin", an evil spirit is trapped within the lamp, hence the required Soul of Night.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Use Time decreased from 30 to 22.
- Mana Cost decreased from 18 to 14.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 184.108.40.206.