Spooky armor is a Hardmode post-Plantera armor set made from Spooky Wood and is an armor introduced as part of the Halloween event. It requires a total of 750 Spooky Wood to create the full set. The full set of Spooky armor provides the wearer with increased minion count and damage, and creates a glowing effect around the character. It is the second most powerful summoning armor in the game, roughly tied with Tiki armor, and beaten by Stardust armor . It provides a noticeable increase in bonus damage over the comparable Tiki Armor, at the cost of a minion, and some defense.
If the player does not have at least 1 accessories and/or buffs that increase numbers of minions, Tiki Armor will actually make minions do more damage, with the upper hand of more defense.
If there is no increase in minion numbers, Spooky Armor increases minion damage by 632%, while Tiki Armor increases the damage by 650%. When you can summon 1 extra minion, Spooky Armor increases minion damage by 790%, while Tiki Armor only increases it by 780%. The more minions that can be summoned, the more damage minions do in Spooky Armor.
With all pieces equipped, an additional 3 Minions can be summoned.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The full set will give a total of 58% increased minion damage.
- If combined with the Necromantic Scroll, Hercules Beetle, and Papyrus Scarab, minions will get a total of 98% increased damage.
- With an exchange rate of 50 per unit of Spooky Wood, crafting and selling Spooky Helmets is the most efficient way to convert spooky wood into cash.
- If Spooky Armor is equipped in the social slot while Shroomite Armor is equipped, the cloaking effect of the Shroomite Armor does not work as effectively due to the glowing effect of the Spooky Armor. Note that no stats are affected as a result.
- Even in terms of defense, the Spooky Armor is the most powerful wooden armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The only difference between male and female sets of Spooky Wood armor seems to be the orange/red markings on the upper breastplate.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.