Spooky armor is a Hardmode post-Plantera armor set made from Spooky Wood. Wearing the full set increases the wearer's minion capacity by 3 (to a total of 4), along with granting +58% minion damage and creating a glowing effect around the character. It requires a total of 750 Spooky Wood to create the full set.
Spooky armor is the second most powerful summoning armor in the game, roughly tied with Tiki armor, and beaten by Stardust armor . It provides a noticeable increase in bonus damage over the comparable Tiki armor, at the cost of one minion and some defense. If the player does not have at least one accessory and/or buff that increases the minion capacity, Tiki armor will actually cause minions to deal more damage, with the upper hand of more defense. If there is no increase in minion capacity, Spooky armor increases minion damage by 632% (with 4 minions), while Tiki armor increases the damage by 650% (with 5 minions). When the player can summon 1 extra minion, Spooky armor increases minion damage by 790%, while Tiki armor only increases it by 780%. The more minions that can be summoned, the more damage minions do with Spooky armor.
Spooky armor is the best armor that is crafted with a form of wood.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Spooky armor is equipped in the social slot while Shroomite armor is equipped, the cloaking effect of the Shroomite armor does not work as effectively due to the glowing effect of the Spooky armor. Note that no stats are affected as a result.
- The total bonuses are composed of the following:
- 11% minion damage from each piece and 25% from set bonus.
- +1 minion capacity from each piece.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If combined with the Necromantic Scroll, Hercules Beetle, and Papyrus Scarab, the resulting minions will get a total of 98% increased damage.
- With an exchange rate of
50*50 per unit of Spooky Wood, crafting and selling Spooky Helmets is the most efficient way to convert Spooky Wood into coins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The only difference between male and female sets of Spooky armor seems to be the orange/red markings on the upper breastplate.
- Even in terms of defense, the Spooky armor is the most powerful wooden armor.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.