Sprinting accessories are accessories which allow the player to gain a speed boost after running for a certain distance continuously. Your speed will continue increasing until maximum speed is attained. Being in the air while running will not cancel the speed boost as long as you don't change direction, but it will not continue to build unless you are on the ground or using a flight accessory which increases your speed while in the air. Grappling hooks and other items can be used to jump start this sprint effect.
Unless you are using the Cobalt Shield (or another item that cancels knockback), hitting an enemy will interrupt your speed boost. However, using an enemy's knockback to kickstart your sprint is an impractical but effective method, particularly with a Panic Necklace.
These are the items which will provide this effect:
|Hermes Boots||Found in Underground Gold Chests||Allows sprinting|
|Flurry Boots||Found in Frozen Chests, Frozen Crates and Boreal Crates||Allows sprinting|
|Sailfish Boots||Found in Wooden Crates and Iron Crates||Allows sprinting|
|Dunerider Boots||Found in Sandstone Chests, Oasis Crates and Mirage Crates||Allows sprinting and gives an extra speed boost on Sand Blocks|
|Amphibian Boots||Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop with Frog Leg and Sailfish Boots||Combines the effects of Frog Leg and Sailfish Boots:
|Spectre Boots||Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop with Rocket Boots and either Hermes Boots, Flurry Boots, Sailfish Boots or Dunerider Boots||Combines the effects of Rocket Boots and Hermes Boots:
|Fairy Boots||Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop with Spectre Boots and Flower Boots||Combines the effects of Flower Boots and Spectre Boots:
|Lightning Boots||Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop with Spectre Boots, an Aglet, and an Anklet of the Wind||Combines the effects of Aglet, Anklet of the Wind and Spectre Boots:
|Frostspark Boots||Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop with Lightning Boots and Ice Skates||Combines the effects of Ice Skates and Lightning Boots:
|Terraspark Boots||Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop with Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders||Combines the effects of Lava Waders and Frostspark Boots:|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The sprinting effect is not necessarily a speed bonus, but rather it sets the user's speed to a certain amount which may be affected by items that affect the speed stat directly. This is noticeable when moving quickly on the ground after grappling or using the Panic Necklace, as both provide the same amount of speed whether the player has a sprinting accessory equipped or not.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Added Dunerider Boots, Amphibian Boots, Fairy Boots and Terraspark Boots.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added Sailfish Boots.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added Frostspark Boots.
- Desktop 1.2: Added Flurry Boots and Lightning Boots.
- Desktop 1.1: Added Spectre Boots.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Hermes Boots.