Sprinting accessories are accessories which allow the player to gain a speed boost after running for a certain distance continuously. Your speed will continue increasing until maximum speed is attained. Being in the air while running will not cancel the speed boost as long as you don't change direction, but it will not continue to build unless you are on the ground or using a flight accessory which increases your speed while in the air. Grappling hooks and other items can be used to jump start this sprint effect.
Unless you are using the Cobalt Shield (or another item that cancels knockback), hitting an enemy will interrupt your speed boost. However, using an enemy's knockback to kickstart your sprint is an impractical but effective method, particularly with a Panic Necklace.
These are the items which will provide this effect:
|Hermes Boots||Underground Gold Chests||Allows fast sprinting.|
|Flurry Boots||Ice Chests in the Snow Biome||Allows fast sprinting.|
|Sailfish Boots||Wooden Crates or Iron Crates via fishing||Allows fast sprinting.|
|Dunerider Boots||Sandstone Chests or Oasis Crates via fishing||Allows fast sprinting and gives an extra speed boost on sand blocks.|
|Spectre Boots||Crafted with Hermes, Flurry, Sailfish or Dunerider boots and Rocket Boots at a Tinkerer's Workshop||Allows flight and fast sprinting.|
|Lightning Boots||Crafted with Spectre Boots, an Aglet, and an Anklet of the Wind at a Tinkerer's Workshop||Allows flight and incredibly fast movement (faster than previous accessories).|
|Frostspark Boots||Crafted with Lightning Boots and Ice Skates at a Tinkerer's Workshop||Allows flight, super fast running, and extra mobility on ice. Thin Ice will not break if fallen on.|
|Terraspark Boots||Crafted with Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders at a Tinkerer's Workshop||Allows flight, super fast running, and extra mobility on ice. Provides the ability to walk on water, honey & lava. Grants immunity to fire blocks and 7 seconds of immunity to lava|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The sprinting effect is not necessarily a speed bonus, but rather it sets the user's speed to a certain amount which may be affected by items that affect the speed stat directly. This is noticeable when moving quickly on the ground after grappling or using the Panic Necklace, as both provide the same amount of speed whether the player has a sprinting accessory equipped or not.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added Dunerider Boots and Terraspark Boots.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added Sailfish Boots.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added Frostspark Boots.
- Desktop 1.2: Added Flurry Boots and Lightning Boots.
- Desktop 1.1: Added Spectre Boots.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Hermes Boots.