|Set Bonus||Increases your max number of sentries|
Ballista pierces more targets and panics when you take damage
Squire armor is a Hardmode armor set purchased from the Tavernkeep after killing any mechanical boss, for the price of
750000*75 (set), which consists of the Squire's Great Helm, Squire's Plating and Squire's Greaves.
A full set of Squire armor provides the following benefits:
- +56 Defense
- +15% Melee Damage
- +30% Minion Damage
- +20% Melee Crit chance
- +2 Sentry Slots
- +4 HP/sec.
The set bonus increases the velocity of the Ballista sentry summons and increases their penetration from 4 to 7. It also gives the wearer the Ballista Panic! buff upon taking any damage, which doubles the fire rate of all Ballista sentries summoned by the player for 5 seconds. The total bonus to max number of sentries is +2, allowing 3 to be summoned at once.
The Valhalla Knight armor can be considered a direct upgrade of the Squire armor .
Set[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Great Helm can be used even in the end game for hybrid builds focused on regeneration and sentries.
- Unlike its upgrade, the Valhalla Knight armor, which is purely summon- and health-focused, this set has melee bonuses, putting in direct competition with the Monk armor, another melee-focused sentry set. The Squire armor has more defense and regeneration and a bigger bonus to melee critical hit chance, while the Monk armor has a larger bonus to melee damage and melee attack speed.
- This set is an alternative to Spider armor for summoners against mechanical bosses, the Hardmode Dungeon and Plantera. It trades minions for sentries but increases regeneration and provides powerful towers for arenas.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Squire Great Helm and Greaves Defense each increased by 1.
- Squire Great Helm's healing decreased by 50%.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.